GDT: Vikings@Jets

bspice

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i live in California...

for the guys who want to talk football...

ok, so i've learned the Jets are unfortunately banged up this week, still they're a .500 team though so far. so if they were healthy, what are their strengths and weaknesses? what do they need to improve on over time? when will they be true AFC East contenders?

We have zero pass rush and post time are secondary is going to let up the underneath pass when in zone. As for offense, the only hold back I've seen is Bates's playcalling. When he let's Darnold throw, our offense seems to kick into gear. If he's being conservative with Darnold, we tend to stall and sputter.

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We have zero pass rush and post time are secondary is going to let up the underneath pass when in zone. As for offense, the only hold back I've seen is Bates's playcalling. When he let's Darnold throw, our offense seems to kick into gear. If he's being conservative with Darnold, we tend to stall and sputter.

And our center Spencer Long. Every snap from shotgun is atrocious.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i live in California...

for the guys who want to talk football...

ok, so i've learned the Jets are unfortunately banged up this week, still they're a .500 team though so far. so if they were healthy, what are their strengths and weaknesses? what do they need to improve on over time? when will they be true AFC East contenders?

The OL needs an upgrade for long term success. We need Darnold to continue to develop. And lastly, we need an edge or two to bring constant pressure. Once that happens, we’ll be ready to contend with the Pats. 

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Bowles finally admitted that Long’s injured finger has been causing the bad snap. Damn finger has been killing us.

That's a pretty poor excuse in my book. You're an experienced NFL center - just get the muscle memory down and you should be good.

three of our starting D lineman are not practising today. Everson Griffen we knew would be out for his present mental health issues, Linval Joseph is nursing an injury and his status for Sunday is unclear, and now Danielle Hunter is not practising for an unknown reason.

advantage, Jets.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

three of our starting D lineman are not practising today. Everson Griffen we knew would be out for his present mental health issues, Linval Joseph is nursing an injury and his status for Sunday is unclear, and now Danielle Hunter is not practising for an unknown reason.

advantage, Jets.

As long as you have Thielen and Diggs, you're gonna have the advantage. Those guys are incredible.

26 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Cook ruled out now.  If Hunter and Joseph are slowed by injury too that will even up the playing field with us and our banged up secondary and WR core.

Hunter and Joseph being out is definitely a blow to our resources, but we have three very good backs outside of Cook so we're ok there. one had 155 yards last week.

Archived