GDT: Vikings@Jets

bspice

12 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Thielen vs Nickerson is what nightmares are made of 

This season, Cousins has been filling the air with footballs. He is second in the NFL with 185 completions and has thrown for 1,921 yards, fifth in the league. Nearly a third of Cousins’ completions have gone to Thielen. Despite defenses starting to key on him, Thielen hasn’t slowed down.

Thielen leads the NFL with 58 catches and 712 receiving yards. If his stats are projected over 16 games, Thielen would finish with 155 catches, breaking the NFL record of 143 by Indianapolis’ Marvin Harrison in 2002. And he is on pace for 1,899 receiving yards, not far from the league record of 1,964 set by Detroit’s Calvin Johnson in 2012.

Hall of fame wide receiver and CBS analyst James Lofton:  “Adam has short-area quickness and the ability to change directions. In addition to that, he has a really good understanding of what the defenders are trying to do against him, where their leverage is, and working against their leverage, and also finding the holes in zone coverage.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/19/charlie-hennigans-family-watching-closely-as-vikings-adam-thielen-closes-in-on-an-nfl-record/

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

This season, Cousins has been filling the air with footballs. He is second in the NFL with 185 completions and has thrown for 1,921 yards, fifth in the league. Nearly a third of Cousins’ completions have gone to Thielen. Despite defenses starting to key on him, Thielen hasn’t slowed down.

Thielen leads the NFL with 58 catches and 712 receiving yards. If his stats are projected over 16 games, Thielen would finish with 155 catches, breaking the NFL record of 143 by Indianapolis’ Marvin Harrison in 2002. And he is on pace for 1,899 receiving yards, not far from the league record of 1,964 set by Detroit’s Calvin Johnson in 2012.

Hall of fame wide receiver and CBS analyst James Lofton:  “Adam has short-area quickness and the ability to change directions. In addition to that, he has a really good understanding of what the defenders are trying to do against him, where their leverage is, and working against their leverage, and also finding the holes in zone coverage.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/19/charlie-hennigans-family-watching-closely-as-vikings-adam-thielen-closes-in-on-an-nfl-record/

My thoughts are we put Claiborne and someone else on Theilen (a safety or even our fast LB Lee for short routes. Diggs is the one I’m more worried about bc of our matchup. 

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Diggs is the one I’m more worried about bc of our matchup. 

yeah, if you guys give him space in the center of the field he's going to feast.

for what it's worth (and Thielen is not making a big deal of it at all...) if Thielen gets another 100 yard receiving game he will have 7 in a row to start a season, which breaks a record that has stood since the late 60's.

22 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Much rather face Murray than Cook.  

In Cook’s absence, Latavius Murray has 54 carries for 261 yards and a 4.8-yard average. He scored the Vikings’ first rushing touchdown of the season last week against the Arizona Cardinals, when Murray rushed for 155 yards on 24 carries.

Zimmer: “He’s a guy that needs carries with the physicality of things. I’ve said it a million times, I like Latavius and the way he approaches the game. Typically, he’s not a one-carry-every-quarter guy. He’s a guy that needs the football some. I don’t know about that big of a workload, but the longer it goes, usually the more effective he is.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Injuries-altering-Vikings-in-week-game-planning-123515430/

With Pryor out with a tear in his groin, now we are really thin at WR. If the Jets know this at the being of the week why didn't he pick someone up, now it is to late. Now we are down to Kearse & Anderson, who we  are not sure he is 100%. I sure hope Macc, isn't thinking about playing PEAKE.

I think the only way we stand a chance of winning this game is Robby, Kearse, Crowell and Powell all having good games. Any 1 of those 4 don’t... and I think we lose. So it’s not looking good. I think with their offense and our banged up secondary, we will have to put up 30+ to win. Meaning those 4 guys have to step up. Herndon is the “x” factor that can possibly have a good game.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the only way we stand a chance of winning this game is Robby, Kearse, Crowell and Powell all having good games. Any 1 of those 4 don’t... and I think we lose. So it’s not looking good. I think with their offense and our banged up secondary, we will have to put up 30+ to win. Meaning those 4 guys have to step up. Herndon is the “x” factor that can possibly have a good game.

As long as we are competitive and Darnold, plays well that is all I care about. I know the odds are stack against up.

Archived