Seahawks owner Paul Allen dies at 65

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eh, could be. 

Nah, I'm just joking about it.

I had a boss who was like that. He'd come up and ask something like "How are you going to build that road into the mine?" You'd run it down for him and he'd say "Well, I would do it this way and that way. But you do it your way if you really think it's the best way to do it...."

His way of saying "My way is better."

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Nah, I'm just joking about it.

I had a boss who was like that. He'd come up and ask something like "How are you going to build that road into the mine?" You'd run it down for him and he'd say "Well, I would do it this way and that way. But you do it your way if you really think it's the best way to do it...."

His way of saying "My way is better."

Oh, I deal with that on a daily basis. Sometimes hourly. It's a passive-aggressive way to micromanage somebody - drives me NUTS.

Just now, ET80 said:

Oh, I deal with that on a daily basis. Sometimes hourly. It's a passive-aggressive way to micromanage somebody - drives me NUTS.

lol yep.

I didn't mind when he did it because he had 30 years in mining to my 2 years and after I'd decide which way to do it, he'd explain why one way was better than the other. 

But being a Minnesotan, the state full of 4,000,000 passive-aggressive residents, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

But being a Minnesotan, the state full of 4,000,000 passive-aggressive residents, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

My goodness, this is a Minnesota thing? I worked for US Bank for seven years - SO much makes sense now.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My goodness, this is a Minnesota thing? I worked for US Bank for seven years - SO much makes sense now.

Oh God Minnesota is horribly passive-aggressive that it's almost comical. 

Say you order a steak medium-rare at a steak house and it comes back with no pink.

Instead of telling the waitress it's wrong, we'll say "Excuse me, did I order that steak well-done by mistake?"

Or something like cutting the well steak open and saying to the waitress "Is this done medium-rare by chance?"

We'll say that stuff instead of "Excuse me, this steak was cooked wrong."

On 10/15/2018 at 6:24 PM, animaltested said:

In the 20 years before Allen bought the team, the Seahawks went to the playoffs 4 times winning 1 AFC West title.

In the 20 years after Paul bought the team the Seahawks have been to the playoffs 12 times, won 9 NFC/AFC West Titles and went to 3 Super Bowls.

Huge loss for the Seahawks, and the city of Seattle in general.

Feeling the same way as a Blazers fan. Allen was an amazing philanthropist and a great person. And, as anyone who has played for him or rooted for his teams will tell you, a GREAT team owner. Always involved and engaged.

Archived