MCL sprain for Cooper Kupp

RamRod

I prefer to look at the silver lining in this:

1) For the game against the Niners, at minimum, but arguably for the games against Green Bay and New Orleans (who will be more want to try and force us into shoot-outs), our modus operendai should have been hopping on the Todd Train to begin with.  But, further, this can force Goff's hand in a good way - so that he's not quite so dependent on Kupp as he was slightly becoming (not a bad thing that they have chemistry, but Kupp's been a primary read, out of comfort, in some situations over the past two games in particular when he perhaps shouldn't have been).  Building that rapport and chemistry with Cooks, with Everett, with Reynolds can only stand to benefit Jared when we hit January.

2) He did come back into the game (maybe unadvisably), but that does somewhat speak to the nature of the injury.  OJ Howard came back half a game and a bye week later from an MCL sprain to show no signs (other than wearing a brace for support) of the injury affecting him yesterday.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I prefer to look at the silver lining in this:

1) For the game against the Niners, at minimum, but arguably for the games against Green Bay and New Orleans (who will be more want to try and force us into shoot-outs), our modus operendai should have been hopping on the Todd Train to begin with.  But, further, this can force Goff's hand in a good way - so that he's not quite so dependent on Kupp as he was slightly becoming (not a bad thing that they have chemistry, but Kupp's been a primary read, out of comfort, in some situations over the past two games in particular when he perhaps shouldn't have been).  Building that rapport and chemistry with Cooks, with Everett, with Reynolds can only stand to benefit Jared when we hit January.

2) He did come back into the game (maybe unadvisably), but that does somewhat speak to the nature of the injury.  OJ Howard came back half a game and a bye week later from an MCL sprain to show no signs (other than wearing a brace for support) of the injury affecting him yesterday.

Everett really needs to figure out the mental and technical sides of the game. He'd be such a threat if he did.

13 hours ago, The J.R.S. II said:

Going into the season I felt that Kupp was our best WR. It'll hurt not having him, but his replacement has flashed some himself so I think we'll still be okay. 

Im not sure who our "Best" WR is, but im pretty darn convinced through 6 weeks (and las year) that Rober Woods is our most important. Or atleast Goff's most important WR to this offense.

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not sure who our "Best" WR is, but im pretty darn convinced through 6 weeks (and las year) that Rober Woods is our most important. Or atleast Goff's most important WR to this offense.

I think Kupp is the most important. Woods is the most consistent, but when Goff starts to feel heat, Kupp is his safety blanket. It's hard to say who the best is. I'd lean towards Cooks, but they're each amazing in their roles. Cooks is the most dynamic, Woods is the most well rounded, and Kupp is the most trusted. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think Kupp is the most important. Woods is the most consistent, but when Goff starts to feel heat, Kupp is his safety blanket. It's hard to say who the best is. I'd lean towards Cooks, but they're each amazing in their roles. Cooks is the most dynamic, Woods is the most well rounded, and Kupp is the most trusted. 

Youre probably right. It just feels like when Goff is really rolling, its mostly Woods on the receiving end

On 10/17/2018 at 10:10 AM, StLunatic88 said:

To be more specific, I felt like he was the most versatile, and the most polished route runner. Dude just seems to be able to gain separation at all times. We scheme a lot of open pass catchers, but he seems to win his battles even when a given play isn't designed to get him the ball. We are in good shape at the position regardless. 

Archived