? Week 7: Browns (2-3-1) @ Bucs (2-3)

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Curious to  see what the Bucs do at RG.  I m pretty sure it was @Calibucsfan commenting on the last game day  thread how bad Benenoch was playing.  It s hard for a guard to completely whiff on a block, but Benenoch does this way too much.  I m just not sure why Liedkte can't even dress.  He played like 80 % of the snaps at LT on the preseason, came into the league as a guard, but can't even dress, just odd.

They need to pay a lot of attention to Garrett.  I really would like a change at RG immediately to try and solidfy the position.

Benenoch might be worse than Pamphile. I’m LIVID thinking about Josh Sitton not even being contacted. Koetter has to get 8-9 wins this year or he’s gone.

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Doubt it would be Beckwith even if he was cleared by the doctors.  Maybe afraid they might lose Bobo.

Beckwith I think is done for the year. Possibly career if he doesn’t heal up. He already was slow laterally. This might be the nail in the koffin. MLB, G, and T are huge needs.

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

Beckwith I think is done for the year. Possibly career if he doesn’t heal up. He already was slow laterally. This might be the nail in the koffin. MLB, G, and T are huge needs.

If he does lose some speed, he could probably play in a 3/4. Or New England. They love their slow LBs.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If he does lose some speed, he could probably play in a 3/4. Or New England. They love their slow LBs.

Now I m confused, if there is a feeling Beckwith won't be the athlete he was before the injury and there is sentiment not to resign Kwon, who is playing MLB?   Cichy has an injury history that is extensive.  I really don't want to go back to the days of Mason Foster or Dane Fletcher types trying to play pass defense.  I guess I m still in the minority that the organization is still going to resign Kwon . ?

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Now I m confused, if there is a feeling Beckwith won't be the athlete he was before the injury and there is sentiment not to resign Kwon, who is playing MLB?   Cichy has an injury history that is extensive.  I really don't want to go back to the days of Mason Foster or Dane Fletcher types trying to play pass defense.  I guess I m still in the minority that the organization is still going to resign Kwon . ?

I'm holding out hope that Beck can come back 100%. I also expect Kwon to get a $10M per deal.

It sounds like Beck's injury was a little worse than it seemed at first. Which sucks. But if he's good to go, I'd start him in the middle.

I'd let Kwon walk before I paid him that much. His inconsistencies are the only consistent thing about his game. He misses tackles and gives up his run lanes then makes a huge play in the backfield the next play. And he gets lost in coverage all the time. I'd rather have Foster because at least he was elite against the run and made splash plays in the passing game.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm holding out hope that Beck can come back 100%. I also expect Kwon to get a $10M per deal.

It sounds like Beck's injury was a little worse than it seemed at first. Which sucks. But if he's good to go, I'd start him in the middle.

I'd let Kwon walk before I paid him that much. His inconsistencies are the only consistent thing about his game. He misses tackles and gives up his run lanes then makes a huge play in the backfield the next play. And he gets lost in coverage all the time. I'd rather have Foster because at least he was elite against the run and made splash plays in the passing game.

What s interesting is Foster is entering his 8th year and Kwon has nearly as many sacks and INTs.  Kwon has more passes defended.  Mason does have 2 TDs to Kwon s 1 TD.

I agree with you they are going to pay kwon.  I ll be curious to see how Duffner uses his LBa these last 11 games.  I mean it can t be passive zone part 3.  ?

38 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

kwon sucks man. The eye in the sky don’t lie. Licht needs to be fired if he thinks keeping Alexander is a good idea. Which Im afraid he does think. Cichy cant be any worse than Alexander. 

11 hours ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Cleveland's defense is ranked 29th. 30th against the run and 21st against the pass. They gave up 45 points to the Raiders a few weeks ago. Yeah, they have talent on their defense but TB can definitely light them up on offense. 

Their offense is ranked 18th with 21st in passing and 4th in rushing. TB's run defense is 3rd. Their passing offense will be a good test for this pass defense and see if they can improve. We will see if it was the coaching or personnel.

I like the good guys in this game 28-17. 

21 of those points weren't really on them, though. There was a pick six and two turnovers deep in Cleveland's territory. The defense was pretty atrocious last week though.

If you guys can run successfully on us (most teams seems like they can) and run often, then you guys should be able to move the ball on us. Our pass defense is way better than the 21st ranking would indicate, however.

I think you guys win but it should be a close game, unless our game vs. LA this past Sunday was a sign of things to come.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

21 of those points weren't really on them, though. There was a pick six and two turnovers deep in Cleveland's territory. The defense was pretty atrocious last week though.

If you guys can run successfully on us (most teams seems like they can) and run often, then you guys should be able to move the ball on us. Our pass defense is way better than the 21st ranking would indicate, however.

I think you guys win but it should be a close game, unless our game vs. LA this past Sunday was a sign of things to come.

I expect Garrett to harass us a lot like Mack did. I just hope we can minimize it enough for Jameis to not have to run for his life once or twice a series.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah the Browns defense is a mixed bag. Some games they look great and others not so great. They do have the 2nd best defensive passer rating at 76.8 with 9 TD and 9 INT. Tampa Bay has by far the worst passer rating against at 129.5 with 16 TD and 1 INT.

Archived