? Week 7: Browns (2-3-1) @ Bucs (2-3)

bucsfan333

39 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's a lot of offense. ?

All year, the offense has very rarily gotten excellent field position.  It is a credit to the unit as a whole, how they move the ball. 3rd down efficiency is pretty good.   There are areas to improve, but this offense is elite.

28 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

All year, the offense has very rarily gotten excellent field position.  It is a credit to the unit as a whole, how they move the ball. 3rd down efficiency is pretty good.   There are areas to improve, but this offense is elite.

Aye. We moved the ball well last year but Monken seems to have given us just a little extra in his playcalling to take us over the top.

And all this is with no running game at all.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Aye. We moved the ball well last year but Monken seems to have given us just a little extra in his playcalling to take us over the top.

And all this is with no running game at all.

Agreed, and credit goes to Koetter.  Took stones to give up play calling duties and can his DC. Was he pushed to do those moves, it doesnt matter.   If they can get adequate RG play, the running game will bounce back.  Will it get better, hard to say. 

My only gripe about yesterday is that they went away from OJ after that drop. And Browns were playing tight man coverage second half. Yet we used Humphries and Brate way more in the crunch than d jack and howard. Who are significantly better at beating man using their elite speed. We won but it just boggles my mind. Howard is a BEAST.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Agreed, and credit goes to Koetter.  Took stones to give up play calling duties and can his DC. Was he pushed to do those moves, it doesnt matter.   If they can get adequate RG play, the running game will bounce back.  Will it get better, hard to say. 

Start EDS!

21 minutes ago, indifference said:

Start EDS!

Even he wasn't good got a bad holding penalty in the red zone.  I dont know why Cappa or even Liedkte cant get  a sniff.  At some point, hoping Benenoch develops with reps is going to get a key player hurt.  The rookies are starting to develop.  All the rookies on defense played well yesterday.  I m grading Vea on a curve because he missed all training camp, but I like what I see.  He s not going to have the get off as GMC, but his strength is really evident.  He shows good agility and I think in time he is going to be a more consistent penetrator.  

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Even he wasn't good got a bad holding penalty in the red zone.  I dont know why Cappa or even Liedkte cant get  a sniff.  At some point, hoping Benenoch develops with reps is going to get a key player hurt.  The rookies are starting to develop.  All the rookies on defense played well yesterday.  I m grading Vea on a curve because he missed all training camp, but I like what I see.  He s not going to have the get off as GMC, but his strength is really evident.  He shows good agility and I think in time he is going to be a more consistent penetrator.  

Yeah I rather take my lumps with Cappa. I’m convinced he cant play any worse but the coaches probably know he just is not ready. I would get him on the field as an extra lineman. 

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Yeah I rather take my lumps with Cappa. I’m convinced he cant play any worse but the coaches probably know he just is not ready. I would get him on the field as an extra lineman. 

It really is the area where the coaching staff has a blind eye.  Pamphile wasn't good at LG last year and continued to play.  Martin over Barber last year.  This year, Rodgers shouldn t see the field on offense.  Rojo has showed consistent improvement since back in the line up.  I never understood how average vets get longer rope then a young player.  Benenoch is under the category of young player, but at this point he s getting beat right off the snap.  Pamphile wasn't strong enough to hold up.  Benenoch is having trouble getting his hands on guys.

Benenoch has a narrow base and reaches a lot. That's why he was dreadful at OT. Moving him inside was supposed to help hide that. But with the way we spread everything out in our offense, and the way he's the guy getting one on ones, he's still being exposed.

We should either move him to LG where he'll have more help from Jensen or bench him. There doesn't seem to be any way he'll be able to overcome his limitations. He can fix the reaching. And he drives guys off the ball if he can actually engage. But he can't seem to do that at RG.

Archived