Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Question: Why did the "fire" MM thread get closed but the "extend" MM thread remains open? Only one of those threads is laughable. (Hint: the one I'm posting in right now). 

I wouldn't laugh. If the Packers have a successful season, MM's going to get an extension. He's only got one year on his deal now.

Just now, incognito_man said:

So it looks like every rational poster here agrees we should extend him. 

But for how long? I'd say at least a other 5 years through Rodgers' deal.

Putting on my rational hat, I really don't think it's a great idea to extend him.  Especially not now.  Yes, he's the best option available, and no I don't want to fire him, but it really isn't a good idea to extend him.  Especially now.  That chip works for Rodgers, and it'll work for McCarthy, too.  You make him earn his extension in the playoffs. 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:46 PM, Golfman said:

McCarthy, "excellent win for our football team tonight!" 

It was an ugly win, not an EXCELLENT win! That is why he's a loser! 

"Our team made a huge step tonight!" McCarthy

Mike, is that a huge step forward or backward? Inquiring minds.............

You make it sound like winning in this league is easy.  Frankly, there isn't a lot separating the best teams and the worst.   McCarthy is right - they came back and found a way to win when things weren't going well after that disaster in Detroit = a huge step.  Sheesh...   

On 10/16/2018 at 12:26 AM, Ragnarok said:

Oh ok, I've been convinced.  Can we hire Gruden away from the Raiders to manage our personnel?

Yes!  Let's pay that clown $100 M and be just like the Raiders.  Yippeeeeee!   lol

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

So it looks like every rational poster here agrees we should extend him. 

But for how long? I'd say at least a other 5 years through Rodgers' deal.

You're actually the first and only person up to this post who actually thinks we should extend him. You must be the only rational poster. 

On 10/15/2018 at 9:29 PM, Slinky said:

Mac was content going into OT. What a sackless soul. 

This is a really poor way to look at things. He did what 99% of coaches would do deep in their own end in a tie game. Why risk a stupid emotional play. Plus the D was playing pass. See if we can't bust off a decent run, or a short pass to start the drive. The driver started on what our 8 yard line. Lemme guess you advocate run all night and then once we're deep in our zone with less than a minute left you want the deep passing attack. MM played that right, and it worked out so why grade that as a negative.

Archived