Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wish Mark Murphy would say the same, but he probably thinks all is well in Green Bay.

Hahaha you so smart. Pretty sure Jerry Jones has put up with a lot of "concern" with Jason and hasnt axed him. 

MM supporter.  Hope the Pack goes on a tear and finishes strong.  I'll admit he tends to be conservative at times.  Needs to open it up a bit.  As fans we are used to the Pack always being in contention.  It's hard to take when you realize we are not one of the top teams in the league. From everything I am reading as seeing it does in fact appear if he'll be gone after the season.  Whether he retires or is replaced guess we'll see.  Don't think he should be the fall guy for the teams poor performance.  Close but no cigar seems to be the theme of the season.

Didn't want the Pack to do Aaron's new contract until he got a few games under his belt after the collar bone.  Never really did get a chance to see if he regained his form because of the knee.  All things considered he's played well but he is not himself clearly.  He is missing easy throws and ball placement hasn't been there.  This is the difference between winning and losing IMO.  McCarthy isn't the problem it's Aaron playing on a bad knee.  That's how i see it anyway.

Replacing MM is going to set the organization back regardless of who the new coach is.  We'll at least lose a year in the transition.  After the NE loss it's hard to get too exited about the remainder of the season.  All but given up hope that we'll make the playoffs this season.  Thee is not a lot of tolerance for losing in GB.  Gute and Murphy are probably already sniffing around for MM's replacement.  Don't expect them to say so publicly.  Packers are a class organization.

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We literally couldn't trade him right now. 

You would have to distribute salary to like a dozen different teams to make that work.

Rodgers has like 60 million in salary that would slam onto this year's cap. You'd have to make 60 million in cap space. You would have to trade or cut Cobb, Matthews, Bulaga, Perry, and probably Daniels simultaneously. 

It would be difficult to trade him because of the finances involved but if hypothetically there were teams out there that could afford it they would absolutely do it.

I'm not trading Aaron, McCarthy is going long before I consider such a move. The Rodgers hate is the definition of knee-jerk, the McCarthy one isn't because these issues under McCarthy have been there for years.

One thing that the Milwaukee sports media covered yesterday was the decline in the Packers TD/Drive ratio this year.  In 2011 GB was best in the league, scoring a touchdown on every 0.375 drives. Next years:

Year/TD per Drive/Rank

2012/0.272/5

2013/0.236/8

2014/0.319/1

2015/0.220/15 (Rodgers Injury Year)

2016/0.305/3

2017/0.225/8  (Rodgers Injury Year)

2018/0.207/20

This year is a significant drop.  No Rodgers injury and more rules that benefit the offense.  Is this year an anomaly or indicative of something else.

7 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

It gets really annoying after every loss that the threads created are either someone needs to get fired or cut. Just watch the damn season and enjoy the football. We're two games back from the division. 

I mean we're the Green Bay Packers with a QB most of us fight for being one of the GOATs. I don't enjoy watching losing football and I'm not proud of looking up at the Chicago freaking Bears or the Vikings. That's unacceptable to me.

I'm not a cut or fire everyone guy but this is not acceptable to the standard that you should hold for this roster. This isn't a team that should be closer to a top 15 pick than a division championship halfway through.

41 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

One thing that the Milwaukee sports media covered yesterday was the decline in the Packers TD/Drive ratio this year.  In 2011 GB was best in the league, scoring a touchdown on every 0.375 drives. Next years:

Year/TD per Drive/Rank

2012/0.272/5

2013/0.236/8

2014/0.319/1

2015/0.220/15 (Rodgers Injury Year)

2016/0.305/3

2017/0.225/8  (Rodgers Injury Year)

2018/0.207/20

This year is a significant drop.  No Rodgers injury and more rules that benefit the offense.  Is this year an anomaly or indicative of something else.

Calling for Outpost...Outpost, line one.  Please tell us why GB isn't very good in the red zone this year.

Archived