incognito_man

Extend Mike McCarthy?

Green Bay was once a proud franchise which had very high standards. Mac obviously needs to go, but maybe Mark Murphy does as well. 

FF was once a proud forum which had very high standards. You obviously need to go **** yourself. ****. 
Adios, dumbass

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8QhJ1k5WHRIbYaeclutGkhead

It wouldn’t surprise me if Mac retires at the end of the season.  He’s stated before that the grind of the season is hard on his family and that he’d like to spend time with his kids while he still can.  He’s 56, and while that’s pretty young, several other notable coaches hung it up a lot sooner.  We’ll see I guess, but I think Mac’s tenure at GB is probably coming to an end after this season.

9 hours ago, Dsibly said:

There's plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball being lead by a HOF QB where they should be far more potent than they are now.

If you are saying that the offense right now has chicken sh*t talent, I think you're dead wrong.

Sitton

Lang

Cook

Nelson got old

Tretter

Cobb became elderly

Hyde

Hayward

Peppers

HHCD became full of himself

Matthews became elderly

Perry became useless

Randall became a headcase

That's just off the top of my head. Who have we added ?

Edited by cannondale

4 hours ago, Slinky said:

Green Bay was once a proud franchise which had very high standards. Mac obviously needs to go, but maybe Mark Murphy does as well. 

Maybe we should just clear house?

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Every year my friend, every year. We must demand vengeance

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

Sitton

Lang

Cook

Nelson got old

Tretter

Cobb became elderly

Hyde

Hayward

Peppers

Matthews became elderly

Perry became useless

Sitton=Taylor

Lane=Open

Cook=Graham

Nelson=Adams

Tretter=Lindsley

Cobb=MVS

Hyde=Alexander

Hayward=King

Peppers=Open

HHCD=HHCD=Open

Matthews=Open

Perry=Perry=Fackrell

Randall=Jackson

Also added Aaron Jones

I think they've covered holes nicely.  Lacking on EDGE. 

We all know the 2015 draft is biting us right now.  We also are going through some growing pains with this year's class and last year's class, but they are producing nicely.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe. 

1 hour ago, Jaire_Island said:

Its better to change the coach..

Only if the coach is the problem.

Not saying McCarthy isn't part of the problem, but there seems to be a belief that he's the only issue and he very evidently is not

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not saying McCarthy isn't part of the problem, but there seems to be a belief that he's the only issue and he very evidently is not

So even if he's only "part" of the problem, there doesn't need to be a change? 

2 minutes ago, Slinky said:

So even if he's only "part" of the problem, there doesn't need to be a change? 

So, hypothetically speaking, if the team gets hot and goes on to a  record of 14-5-1 and wins the super bowl, do you still fire McCarthy?

Asking for a friend.

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's also easier to change a coaching staff than it is to overhaul a roster.  We've already replaced Ted Thompson last offseason, and the results this year have been underwhelming to say the least.

17 hours ago, cannondale said:

Sitton

Lang

Cook

Nelson got old

Tretter

Cobb became elderly

Hyde

Hayward

Peppers

Matthews became elderly

Perry became useless

Drew Kaser

Mike Lombardi had some thoughts on the Packers in a recent "The Athletic" story.  He's a bit hit and miss .. some like him, some don't.  He made some good points and some strange ones as well.

Bottom line .. he thinks it's time for McCarthy to go.  Mainly he thinks Rodgers needs to be challenged with a more complex offense in lines with his talent level .. something on par with the responsibility given to other peers like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees etc.  He feels McCarthy has been there long enough and it's time for new ideas.

Lombardi said that a large reason for McCarthy's simple offense is due to years and years of Ted Thompson relying on rookies and young players to make up his roster.  Many of the young guys just can't digest a state of the art, complex, and high octane offense quickly enough to contend year in and year out.

Lombardi said Gutekunst is a step in the right direction because of a willingness to use free agent to bring in experienced talent.  He said Cobb is done, and the only reason he is on the team is because he is a vet who knows the offense and gives Rodgers some comfort.  He also said that if you remove the 75 yd td on opening night that Cobb is averaging under 8 yards per catch.

Who does Lombardi think would be a good head coach for Rodgers ... Mike Shanahan!  That's a little out there ... I'd prefer a young offensive wizard to the oldster.

Edited by {Family Ghost}