Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Outside of the Buffalo game we haven't played a complete game

Yeah, that's my point.  We haven't played a complete game and we have three wins and a tie and we lost to the best team in the NFC by two points and a Montgomery Idiot play and we lost to the best team in the AFC after an Aaron Jones turning point fumble both in away games.

Imagine what we'd be right now if we'd played a complete game in one or two of those losses, up to our ability. 

With Aaron Rodgers showing hints and flashes of his old self, with MVS and ESB getting another game each and every week, with Aaron Jones getting all these stupid mistakes out of the way, with trading away players who don't want to be on our team, with our rookie corners getting more and more experience and with a lot of easy games to give the team confidence boosts it needs, this team is one of the scariest "mediocre" teams to ever reach the playoffs.  If we get there. 

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Pat Maholmes, Jared Goff, they all are really successful because of good run games, sucks that we can't commit to it like their offenses. Balance is key to a good offense. That's why we were so good when we ran it more with Grant, Lacy and Starks. McCarthy did it back then, dont know why he doesn't now.

Totally agree .. McCarthy has failed to take the heat off of a less than 100 percent Rodgers by running the hell out of the ball.  I don't get it .. nobody gets it.  Nobody can figure out why we aren't playing pick you apart football like we did in the second half of the Bears game.  The Packers look excellent at times when they just take what the defense gives them and methodically move their way down the field.  As soon as they get pass happy looking for the big gainer it all starts to fall apart.  

Mike is my guy and I want him in Green Bay long after Rodgers retires.  More people will join my side once he wins his second Super Bowl this year.  

He's my guy unless we can get a top five draft pick by trading him.  Then he's not my guy anymore.

7 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

Saw this video and thought it would be worth sharing.

Thanks for posting. Some good stuff here obviously anyone can cherry pic plays and such but this makes allot of sense and supports lots of beliefs on this site about our coach. I wonder if we run the bell tomorrow or better yet run it in the red zone. I can’t see it if MM has any clue of what’s being said about him I could see him digging in. What’s the over under on how many throws AR has tomorrow. 

The real trouble this year as I see it is consistency in all three phases. Penalties, missed assignments, constantly wasting time outs/clock management, play calling, I could go on. While I do hold the players accountable and AR has not been his best, with this many issues it falls on the Head Coach. The trades and cuts indicate to me that the HC has lost the respect of the team and that can't happen. Remember last year when Randall acted out and there was a player committee that wanted him gone, if they trusted McCarthy to do the right thing, there never would have been a player committee. Its time to move on.

The best proven play caller over the past several years has been Josh McDaniels, I think that is hard to dispute. The key issue with hiring him would be his ability to manage his ego and AR's ego. McDaniel's stiffed the colts this year and seems to be a bit of an A-hole, but that is the majority of football coaches from my experience and I would be willing to take that chance. Retain Pettine, let Gute have another year to rebuild the roster and I think we would be in good position to get back to dominance.

46 minutes ago, Redt said:

The real trouble this year as I see it is consistency in all three phases. Penalties, missed assignments, constantly wasting time outs/clock management, play calling, I could go on. While I do hold the players accountable and AR has not been his best, with this many issues it falls on the Head Coach. The trades and cuts indicate to me that the HC has lost the respect of the team and that can't happen. Remember last year when Randall acted out and there was a player committee that wanted him gone, if they trusted McCarthy to do the right thing, there never would have been a player committee. Its time to move on.

The best proven play caller over the past several years has been Josh McDaniels, I think that is hard to dispute. The key issue with hiring him would be his ability to manage his ego and AR's ego. McDaniel's stiffed the colts this year and seems to be a bit of an A-hole, but that is the majority of football coaches from my experience and I would be willing to take that chance. Retain Pettine, let Gute have another year to rebuild the roster and I think we would be in good position to get back to dominance.

Every team has a player committee and I'm pretty sure McCarthy is the one who appoints guys to the veterans committee.

McDaniels has been a head coach before. He went 11-17.

More importantly, he pissed off Cutler enough that Cutler demanded a trade. He pissed off Brandon Marshall enough that he had to be traded.

McDaniels has consistently driven his best players out of town by being such a tool.

+++

Maybe more concerning, he's shown a serious lack of loyalty to his current employer.

One of the first things he did upon getting to Denver was try to trade Cutler to the Patriots.

He joined the Patriots staff after the Rams season ended, to act as an offensive assistant for the playoff run in 2011.

He agreed to terms with the Colts to be their new Head Coach and then walked it back and returned to being the Patriots OC.

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Mike is my guy and I want him in Green Bay long after Rodgers retires.  More people will join my side once he wins his second Super Bowl this year.  

He's my guy unless we can get a top five draft pick by trading him.  Then he's not my guy anymore.

LOL, you have very low standards. 

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/corys-corner-mike-mccarthy-has-struck-out-529

Now the Dolphins and their No. 31 run defense come to Lambeau Field this weekend. Many are saying that the Packers better use the running game more. But I ask, why would anything change? McCarthy has been one of the most stubborn coaches in the league and Aaron Rodgers even outed McCarthy for his lack of using the run-pass option in Foxborough last week. 

“We didn’t have a ton the other night,” Rodgers said, who is on pace for career-highs in passing attempts (703) and passing yards (5,446). “We had more read-option stuff but I think we only had one RPO in the plan.”

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Actually, I just don't want to get notifications from you.  I'm asking you nicely.  Please stop quoting me.  It's literally easier to not quote me than it is to quote me, so please stop quoting me. 

You can just ignore people is you don't want them quoting you. It's pretty simple. 

Archived