Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

Just now, Slinky said:

You can just ignore people is you don't want them quoting you. It's pretty simple. 

Yeah, I am ignoring you.  I get a notification every time you quote me.  That's why I'm asking you nicely to stop quoting me.  If I didn't get a notification from you every time you quoted me, I wouldn't be asking you to stop quoting me.  That's why I keep asking you nicely to stop quoting me.  Unfortunately, ignoring you doesn't eliminate your ability to quote me, and every time you quote me I get a notification.  Hopefully now that I've explained the extent of the situation with you, you will stop quoting me.  I'll ask one more time just to see if maybe the third time is the charm.

Please stop quoting me. 

48 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I am ignoring you.  I get a notification every time you quote me.  That's why I'm asking you nicely to stop quoting me.  If I didn't get a notification from you every time you quoted me, I wouldn't be asking you to stop quoting me.  That's why I keep asking you nicely to stop quoting me.  Unfortunately, ignoring you doesn't eliminate your ability to quote me, and every time you quote me I get a notification.  Hopefully now that I've explained the extent of the situation with you, you will stop quoting me.  I'll ask one more time just to see if maybe the third time is the charm.

Please stop quoting me. 

Maybe an online forum isn't for you? 

3 hours ago, Howler said:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/corys-corner-mike-mccarthy-has-struck-out-529

Now the Dolphins and their No. 31 run defense come to Lambeau Field this weekend. Many are saying that the Packers better use the running game more. But I ask, why would anything change? McCarthy has been one of the most stubborn coaches in the league and Aaron Rodgers even outed McCarthy for his lack of using the run-pass option in Foxborough last week. 

“We didn’t have a ton the other night,” Rodgers said, who is on pace for career-highs in passing attempts (703) and passing yards (5,446). “We had more read-option stuff but I think we only had one RPO in the plan.”

Rodgers wants MM gone.  I hope he gets his wish before we waste the rest of career.  

18 hours ago, Howler said:

Rodgers body language is not good. 

Shortened your post, because you are 100% right.  Even when scoring, Aaron doesn't look good.  He's frustrated.  His body language looks more like Cutler right now.  Something is wrong there.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Shortened your post, because you are 100% right.  Even when scoring, Aaron doesn't look good.  He's frustrated.  His body language looks more like Cutler right now.  Something is wrong there.

I tell you MM is reeling in Rodgers to play a more balanced game and to forget these deep shots, get back to quick throws and Rodgers hates it.  MM knows he is fighting for his job so he wants the win and not to play the way Aaron wants to play.

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Agreed.  Just like the Chargers fired Schottenheimer before he wasted Philip's career. 

And Tomlin was hired in Pitt after the chin retired won a super bowl. Gruden in Tampa also. It’s not always doom and gloom. There is often a counter to any arguement so stop with the your way is the only way  

MM was  hired at one point and was able to turn things around. That doesn’t mean he can keep doing it. Or can’t get worse. He’s a great coach I beleive but he seems to have run his course. 

14 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I tell you MM is reeling in Rodgers to play a more balanced game and to forget these deep shots, get back to quick throws and Rodgers hates it.  MM knows he is fighting for his job so he wants the win and not to play the way Aaron wants to play.

So you beleive it’s AR that is calling for 5 and 7 step drops on 3 and 2. Long developing passing plays when first downs are required. 

An alternate theory may be that MM and his reliance on ARS talents have actually hurt AR in recent years. Could be AR too being to smart for his own good. Just pillow thoughts. 

Rodgers thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. With the jabs at MM for gameplans/not running the ball/etc. it's pretty clear Rodgers has given up on the current offensive playbook. Whether it is a good play call or not, it's evident Rodgers doesn't have faith it will work. 

He either locks in on Davante or goes to backyard football. Then when MM does make the right call he misses wide open receivers (MVS/EQ) almost as if he is shocked the player was open and isn't anticipating the throw. 

I think MM is  good coach and the blame lies with both of them, but at this point, whether it is fair or not, Rodgers needs a jolt and this marriage is destined for divorce in the offseason. 

24 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I feel I need to explain this in a different way.

I'll concede that Mac is fighting for his coaching career in GB.  (Also for a division title/playoff birth/SB appearance/win)

I'll concede that if you concede that Rogers is an elite QB...skill wise and arguably one of the best the NFL has seen in the past 13 years.

So...if we can agree on those two points...wouldn't the smart coach innovate his offense to take advantage of his quarterback's strengths?  Run some timing plays, rhythm plays, things like that.  Not the sandlot 1:1 WR vs DB routes that we see now.

I think the QB and the coach need some balance.  As far as the quick passes go, I think GB completed a pass, early, for about a foot gain.  A foot.  If the head coach wants that as a primary read, there is something wrong.  Either the coverage was disguised, the QB missed the coverage, or the coach flat out called a terrible play.

I feel like fans let their dislike of McCarthy color their interpretations of Rodgers actions/body language.

Aaron looks frustrated, but I think we have to be careful about inferring the cause.

He has under thrown balls, missed throws, had to throw a bunch away, not seen open receivers.  Despite his numbers, he hasn't had his usual efficiency. 

Something that rarely gets talked about is that this year is one of very few years that Rodgers has had to deal with inexperienced WR's, where he has to check on them pre snap just to make sure they are lined up appropriately.  The other season this happened was 2015 with all the injuries that occurred.  

He really has been spoiled most of his career with the experience of the WR group he had.  The current group will be good someday, but they are having the expected growing pains this year.

Ironically, with one of the top QB's, our identity on offense is looking more like a run first team this year, and I think the team- Rodgers included- is struggling to accept that.

43 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I feel like fans let their dislike of McCarthy color their interpretations of Rodgers actions/body language. Aaron looks frustrated, but I think we have to be careful about inferring the cause. He has under thrown balls, missed throws, had to throw a bunch away, not seen open receivers.  Despite his numbers, he hasn't had his usual efficiency. Something that rarely gets talked about is that this year is one of very few years that Rodgers has had to deal with inexperienced WR's, where he has to check on them pre snap just to make sure they are lined up appropriately.  The other season this happened was 2015 with all the injuries that occurred. He really has been spoiled most of his career with the experience of the WR group he had.  The current group will be good someday, but they are having the expected growing pains this year. Ironically, with one of the top QB's, our identity on offense is looking more like a run first team this year, and I think the team- Rodgers included- is struggling to accept that.

Something thats intrigued me about AR this year - it appears he's short-arming multiple passes down the sideline. On at least a handful of occasions, he's failed to lead our WR who has a step on the DB. Rather than putting the ball 5yds in front - for the WR to chase down, catch and hopefully keep taking downfield - he's put the ball short - causing the WR to "turn / stop" and try to make the reception "through" the DBs body which now is in the way.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Something thats intrigued me about AR this year - it appears he's short-arming multiple passes down the sideline. On at least a handful of occasions, he's failed to lead our WR who has a step on the DB. Rather than putting the ball 5yds in front - for the WR to chase down, catch and hopefully keep taking downfield - he's put the ball short - causing the WR to "turn / stop" and try to make the reception "through" the DBs body which now is in the way.

I agree, and I believe that instead of throwing his guys open, he is making the coverage easier by under throwing them.  Admittedly, the young guys are fast and he may not have adjusted to the extra speed yet.

In some ways, I don't think he trusts them to throw them open and let them go get it.  On one play yesterday, the announcers were yammering about problems in the scramble drill, and completely missed that Valdez Scantling had a step on his guy on a deep crossing route and Aaron had a huge window to throw to the outside and let MVS go get it.  If he had done that, there wouldn't have been a need for the scramble drill.

I worry that he has lost a little on the deep ball, but like I said, he may not have the reps with the rookies to consistently match the throw to their movement.

Archived