Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I worry that he has lost a little on the deep ball, but like I said, he may not have the reps with the rookies to consistently match the throw to their movement.

I'd not given the "why" of it a great deal of thought. Someone on Twitter yesterday - in discussion with Nagler - also noted this and questioned if his collarbone could be an issue. Nagler pointed out he'd also done it in the CAR game last year.

Dont know whats up - but think it "easier" to miss long than short. If you've got faster WRs - chuck it deeper - not shorter. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Philip River's career hasn't been wasted thus far?

Ha! Good point. A HOF QB thats only sniffed the playoffs and never been to the big dance.
I dont communicate with a whole bunch of Charger fans - but wonder what their take on it is.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Ha! Good point. A HOF QB thats only sniffed the playoffs and never been to the big dance.
I dont communicate with a whole bunch of Charger fans - but wonder what their take on it is.

I think there is a belief that they can surprise people this year.  They haven't gotten a lot of press, so they have quietly gotten to 7-2 and the second best record in the AFC.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think there is a belief that they can surprise people this year.  They haven't gotten a lot of press, so they have quietly gotten to 7-2 and the second best record in the AFC.

Chargers are legit SB contenders. Will be interesting if Henry is able to play this season. I heard there is a chance he makes it back before seasons end.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

This is true....but I think anyone in the AFC is gonna have their hands full with KC.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Philip River's career hasn't been wasted thus far?

I was being sarcastic.  The Chargers had a good head coach, wanted something else, fired the good and have had to hire three other head coaches since they fired Schottenhemier. 

Schottenheimer was fired after going 14-2.

Norv Turner replaced him, brought the Chargers to the playoffs his first three years, then missed the playoffs his last three years. 

The Chargers fired a very good head coach and have had to hire three head coaches since.  Rodgers doesn't have time for one wrong head coach hiring, much less three. 

We know McCarthy is capable of coaching a talented team to great success.  We don't know what any other potential head coach is capable of.  For all we know, our next head coach is pulling a McDaniels.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Chargers are legit SB contenders. Will be interesting if Henry is able to play this season. I heard there is a chance he makes it back before seasons end.

I think it is a long shot, but who knows.  Get Henry and Bosa back for the playoffs?   Those would be big additions at a time when usually teams are losing big pieces due to injury.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is true....but I think anyone in the AFC is gonna have their hands full with KC.

Hard to say.  Playoffs are a time when young QB's tend to stumble.  KC and the Rams have some defensive issues so one bad game by the QB in the divisional round and it is nothing but bitter disappointment like the Rams and their top offense last year.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Still completely unimpressed with Mac. 3 straight games under 10 targets for Adams, 1 target for Graham? Unacceptable. Offense last night was still not good enough.

So now MM is responsible for who AR decides to throw to?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Still completely unimpressed with Mac. 3 straight games under 10 targets for Adams, 1 target for Graham? Unacceptable. Offense last night was still not good enough.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you think McCarthy uses a video game controller during games directly wired to Aaron's brain. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was being sarcastic.  The Chargers had a good head coach, wanted something else, fired the good and have had to hire three other head coaches since they fired Schottenhemier. 

Schottenheimer was fired after going 14-2.

Norv Turner replaced him, brought the Chargers to the playoffs his first three years, then missed the playoffs his last three years. 

The Chargers fired a very good head coach and have had to hire three head coaches since.  Rodgers doesn't have time for one wrong head coach hiring, much less three. 

We know McCarthy is capable of coaching a talented team to great success.  We don't know what any other potential head coach is capable of.  For all we know, our next head coach is pulling a McDaniels.

Okay. Now look at this packers mock draft and cool down a little bit ;)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-surprise-by-picking-ed-oliver-bills-cant-pass-on-nkeal-harry/ 

I just wish more people looked at the Saints in relation to whether or not we should fire McCarthy. 

Payton has missed the playoffs 5 times with Drew Brees.  Everybody gives him a pass because the Saints had no talent. 

McCarthy doesn't get that pass.  McCarthy has missed the playoffs 3 times.  Once after taking over for Sherman in the offseason where Thompson let everybody go.  Twice in Aaron's first year.  The third time with Hundley. 

It's just ridiculous to put all the blame on McCarthy. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just wish more people looked at the Saints in relation to whether or not we should fire McCarthy. 

Payton has missed the playoffs 5 times with Drew Brees.  Everybody gives him a pass because the Saints had no talent. 

McCarthy doesn't get that pass.  McCarthy has missed the playoffs 3 times.  Once after taking over for Sherman in the offseason where Thompson let everybody go.  Twice in Aaron's first year.  The third time with Hundley. 

It's just ridiculous to put all the blame on McCarthy. 

That is the part that fascinates me about the mind set of Packer fans..  Payton has gone 7-9 in four of the last six seasons and fans think of him as one of the best, while McCarthy has had much better success and he sucks.

I just don't buy the Rodgers is much better than Brees argument.  The current NFL record book doesn't support that.

Doesn't make sense.

Archived