Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So you're picking a QB over a head coach?  How many times did we do that with Favre?  Was that the right decision?  You want Aaron's last 8 years to be bouncing back and forth between different coaches each year?

No.  I don't. 

Rodgers is a bigger issue than McCarthy at this point.  98 million guaranteed and he can't throw a dumpoff pass.  Did you watch his screen pass last night?  That was the equivalent of 2015 Peyton Manning trying to throw a hail Mary. 

But Rodgers has only 1 interception, so he's the hero. 

Outpost, AR has his issues but the coach needs to get the best out of him and redirect him which either MM can't or won't. You can't tell me that AR is running this ship and if he is then that's again on MM. Why is AR not looking at the easy reads, why is he so bad at dump offs. He' only attempted 2 yesterday if i remember correctly and both were under pressure. Remember MM's pretty standard statement we're a downfield throwing team. I don't think that's AR that says that, that's on MM. Furthermore you're ignoring the playcalling in the red zone week after week, the lack of run game and balance. I"m not on the Jones train but it's hard to ignore when your backs are gashing a team for upwards of 6 ypc and we don't run it and at the half had 18 pass to 6 runs. That isn't AR that's a coach who has lost his feeling for the game and is far to often depending on his QB while not making any adjustments. What we finished the game with 13 rush attempts? Same old same old.

MM is the bigger issue and we both carry this as opinion's so take it for what it's worth.

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Insanity is making comparisons year to year as if there is a constant, which there is not. 

Which team has more talent, the Rams or the Packers ? The Saints or the Packers ?  Is McVay a better coach or does he have more talent to work with ? Is their offense better or do they simply have the help of a  defense that doesn't give up 30 points every week and creates turnovers ? Did Rodgers regress overnight or did he suffer a significant knee injury week 1 ?

I freely admit I don't have the answers to our problems, but some fans need to start asking the tough questions instead of barking at the moon

Good luck. I've been saying all this since week 2.

1 minute ago, Howler said:

It's clear as day that rodgers footwork is messed up. This could be from the injury. 

It's been messy for years due to his arm talent............it's catching up though he uses poor mechanics even when he doesn't have too. He's unchecked and becoming Brett Favre like every day.

MM apologists always say Rodgers just disregards open receivers all game long, if that were true, shouldn't the coach be coaching him to hit all of these open receivers? 

This narrative of open receivers everywhere is just false and lazy. You know whose receivers are always wide open? Brady's. I am pretty sure Rodgers would have no problem pulling the trigger on those throws. 

It's pretty clear one of them needs to go if we don't make a serious run at this thing. Does anyone honestly think we should pick MM over Rodgers? That is just nonsense. 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

MM apologists always say Rodgers just disregards open receivers all game long, if that were true, shouldn't the coach be coaching him to hit all of these open receivers?

I don't know what makes people think a head coach - ANY head coach - has the ability to control a person.  This isn't Madden.  Rodgers has gotten himself into legend territory, and it really doesn't matter what a head coach says under those circumstances. 

This is something that happens with every coach and QB when the QB thinks they're better than the offense.  Kirk Cousins did it a lot.  When the Washington coach approached him two years ago about a bad throw of his and why he went there, Cousins was caught on audio shouting, "He was wide ****ing open."  Film review proved that not to be the case. 

Bill Belichick and Tom Brady haven't exactly been glowing over each other, but Brady is taking what's being given to him because he can't run around for 8 seconds looking for a better option.  He hits what's open the second it's open. 

Favre went through four head coaches.  Not one of them (until, coincidentally, McCarthy) was able to corral him.  Holmgren left willingly.  How'd that work out for wasting Brett's prime? 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

MVS has been running open across the field plenty of times this season.  Did McCarthy scheme Rodgers to miss a wide open Davante Adams in that Lions game? 

https://lombardiave.com/2018/10/10/packers-aaron-rodgers-early-struggles/

Didn't he just agree with the rooks and I'm pretty sure all qb's even the great ones have a missed opportunity that you can go back and call out as well. Need more examples of Aaron being more involved at not getting Graham or Adams involved then missing him in that Lions game.

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Didn't he just agree with the rooks and I'm pretty sure all qb's even the great ones have a missed opportunity that you can go back and call out as well. Need more examples of Aaron being more involved at not getting Graham or Adams involved then missing him in that Lions game.

I'm cheap, so pay for All-22 and I will show you things that will make your eyes bleed. 

What are the QB reads when all of these wide receivers are supposedly running wide open ? You do know there are progressions the QB goes through and he doesn't simply drop back and scan the field like backyard football. The timing and footwork of these reads happen in fractions of a second. If a receiver breaks open after the QB "comes off him" it's irrelevant 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

MVS has been running open across the field plenty of times this season.  Did McCarthy scheme Rodgers to miss a wide open Davante Adams in that Lions game? 

https://lombardiave.com/2018/10/10/packers-aaron-rodgers-early-struggles/

Have I ever said Rodgers doesn't share fault? You're in charge of him though Mac. He doesn't play well, it's 80 mil in dead cap and the sword is yours to fall on.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I don't know what makes people think a head coach - ANY head coach - has the ability to control a person.  This isn't Madden.  Rodgers has gotten himself into legend territory, and it really doesn't matter what a head coach says under those circumstances. 

This is something that happens with every coach and QB when the QB thinks they're better than the offense.  Kirk Cousins did it a lot.  When the Washington coach approached him two years ago about a bad throw of his and why he went there, Cousins was caught on audio shouting, "He was wide ****ing open."  Film review proved that not to be the case. 

Bill Belichick and Tom Brady haven't exactly been glowing over each other, but Brady is taking what's being given to him because he can't run around for 8 seconds looking for a better option.  He hits what's open the second it's open. 

Favre went through four head coaches.  Not one of them (until, coincidentally, McCarthy) was able to corral him.  Holmgren left willingly.  How'd that work out for wasting Brett's prime? 

If you can't see the difference between the Patriots offense and the Packers offense last night this argument is pointless. Brady takes what's given to him because those is the read installed by McDaniels. How many go routes and 15 yard posts were the Patriots running last night? MM dialed that up multiple times in 3rd and short situations. Our quick hitters are wide receiver screens on 3rd and goal from the 12 yard line. We have the best slant runner in the game at WR - How many slants were called last night? 

MM doesn't play to his players' strengths. He does what worked from him 7 years ago and refuses to adjust throughout the game. 

What were the best plays by the Packers offense last night?

A laser from Rodgers to Jimmy in tight coverage. 

A jump ball to MVS on a go route on 3rd down. 

A deep crosser to MVS that Rodgers had to fit into a bucket. 

A scramble drill by Rodgers to by time for someone to get a little bit open. 

How about the Patriots?

A fake screen with not one but 2 wrs WIDE OPEN for a TD

A throwback screen on one of the best play designs, I can remember. 

A flea flicker to a wide open receiver. 

Does Rodgers miss some throws? Of course. Did he miss more than Brady last night? not even close. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm cheap, so pay for All-22 and I will show you things that will make your eyes bleed. 

Show me some runs in the red zone........you don't need all 22 for that. Come on you heep it on AR constantly suggesting his legend status says he doens't have to follow a game plan or his coach. Sounds a bit lame to me, no way is AR all of a sudden not coachable. There may be some merit to his not working well with rooks, even his own ego but this is a bit over the top. MM calls plays, MM abandons the run not AR. 18 pass attempts and 6 runsi nthe first half of a game that was close. Lots if not more evidence is point to MM not to AR.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Have I ever said Rodgers doesn't share fault? You're in charge of him though Mac. He doesn't play well, it's 80 mil in dead cap and the sword is yours to fall on.

You're right, it does fall on McCarthy, and if he can't get it done he will get fired and Aaron's ego will soar.  Doesn't mean it's a great idea, and if this happens, nobody will have fun watching the Browns turn into a playoff team while we slowly begin to realize how good McCarthy was.

Archived