Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

35 minutes ago, tredpack said:

Jrry32, 

Don't get me wrong. The Rams are a fantastic team, would love to be in your position as a fan--young exciting team. Meant no offense.  There is a reason you're favored by 8.5+ points. 

I'm of the mindset  this year could not have gone worse for us in terms of bounces, 50/50 calls and the like. Only thing that could top it is Rodgers going down week one like he almost did.  I do think the point spread would be a lot less if the Packers were 4-2 and not 3-2-1. That call on Mathews is CAREER altering. What if we are left out of the playoffs because of that? Bye bye Coach McCarthy. 

The Rams benefit greatly from the their division being one of the weakest in the league, if not the weakest. You have 5 cake games with one being somewhat difficult at the immensely overrated Seahawks. The North division has 4 playoff caliber teams in it.

No excuses though, we haven't played well and the Rodgers injury hurt us in a few games. With all that being said, if I were the Rams I look at your next 7 games and go , "uhoh".

Again, I'm a homer and more than likely delusional. 

Our division does suck, but we are also playing all four of the NFC North teams along with the New Orleans Saints and the defending Super Bowl champs (even if they are underperforming). Additionally, we're playing all four teams in the AFCW, which includes the Chiefs. However, the good part about rooting for this team this year is that we don't look at any game and say, "Uh oh." There are plenty of teams on par with us, but there isn't a single team I fear right now. The Packers are a team on par with us (or close enough to on par with us). They're capable of beating us. But I'm not saying, "Uh oh." I'm looking forward to it. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Our division does suck, but we are also playing all four of the NFC North teams along with the New Orleans Saints and the defending Super Bowl champs (even if they are underperforming). Additionally, we're playing all four teams in the AFCW, which includes the Chiefs. However, the good part about rooting for this team this year is that we don't look at any game and say, "Uh oh." There are plenty of teams on par with us, but there isn't a single team I fear right now. The Packers are a team on par with us (or close enough to on par with us). They're capable of beating us. But I'm not saying, "Uh oh." I'm looking forward to it. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Really good points. Totally agree, I like hard fought wins. Always felt that way about our 2010 team, we had so many close games against really good opponents. 

Don't think your overall schedule is weak, I think your first 7 games were extremely weak. These next 7 might be the toughest 7 game stretch in the league. 

Saints, Chiefs, Packers, Lions, Bears, Eagles....eeesh. Every one of these teams will be in the playoff hunt. 

43 minutes ago, tredpack said:

Really good points. Totally agree, I like hard fought wins. Always felt that way about our 2010 team, we had so many close games against really good opponents. 

Don't think your overall schedule is weak, I think your first 7 games were extremely weak. These next 7 might be the toughest 7 game stretch in the league. 

Saints, Chiefs, Packers, Lions, Bears, Eagles....eeesh. Every one of these teams will be in the playoff hunt. 

Yeah, I don't agree. We played the Vikings and Chargers. Both of those teams will be fighting for a playoff spot. We played Seattle in Seattle and Denver in Denver. Both of those are tough games because of the location. The other three games were cakewalks.

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Receive. We need the lead and if we kickoff first there's a good chance it'll be 7-0 when Rodgers first touches the ball.

But our O sucks and we won't score so then we'll be down 0-7 after and not get the ball the second half after we make adjustments.

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

But our O sucks and we won't score so then we'll be down 0-7 after and not get the ball the second half after we make adjustments.

LAR takes opening kick and gets a TD

As you say, GB O sucks and will punt it back and LAR drive for another TD.  

So being down 0-14 is better?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Dayum, we’ll be down 0-14 in the first 6-7 minutes of the first quarter!  At this rate we’ll be down 0-35 in the first half, according to y’all’s projections.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Only if it gets everyone fired and benched so we stop wasting the prime of A-GOAT

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Dayum, we’ll be down 0-14 in the first 6-7 minutes of the first quarter!  At this rate we’ll be down 0-35 in the first half, according to y’all’s projections.

That's best case. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, I don't agree. We played the Vikings and Chargers. Both of those teams will be fighting for a playoff spot. We played Seattle in Seattle and Denver in Denver. Both of those are tough games because of the location. The other three games were cakewalks.

Vikings was a schedule win from day 1. Cross country, time zone difference on a TNF road game.

Basically an auto loss

Archived