Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

1 minute ago, SSG said:

That's not on coaching.  That is on a dumb football player making a unexplainable mistake.  If he's not smart enough to know not to take that ball out of the end zone in that situation then he's got no business being on a NFL field.  

Absolutely disagree. Keeping the ball in ghe end zone is a time management decision. you dont expect every player on the field to know time management of a  football game. Thats on the coaches 100%

Just now, jontat83 said:

Out of the two upcoming games I thought this was the more winnable. NE is such a hard place to win.

NE is nowhere as good as the rams though. I think the points will be easier to put up. Plus, Alexander proved that he's a real weapon. You can throw him on Edelman or White.

Just now, Slinky said:

How does Zook still have a job? Wait, McCarthy does too.

I always thought the Packer organization had higher expectations. 

Yeah zooks fault not evil Ted for not getting an experienced returner.

Wait

I TOLD ALL YOU IDIOTS WE'D LOSE A KEY GAME OVER THIS

I said win or lose I'd be content with that game, but of course I failed to mention the idiot moron stupid idiot clause.

Letting Montgomery sign elsewhere in the offseason isn't good enough.  He needs a dishonorable discharge.  I want a savage move.  Cut him, or trade him for a 2027 6th round pick.

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

His coach should go with him.  Before the kickoff you need to make it GD clear that under no circumstances do yoh take that ball out.  Waste of the 2 minute warning - even if he made it to the 25 without fumbling.  

If Monty isn't smart enough to know that taking it out in that situation was the LAST thing he should have been doing then he's not smart enough to play in the NFL.  I'm no fan of Zook but that is on Monty making one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen made on a football field.  Even ignoring his putrid, pansy ball security, it was a horrid decision.  

I'm really confused by anybody watching this game and thinking that this isn't a good or talented team. 

The other guys get paid to. 

Montgomery did a stupid. McCarthy made some calls I disagreed with. 2 consecutive throws on 3rd and 2 and the call for the attempted offsides were really bad choices. 

I just think when you look at the big picture, this wasn't an overall team disaster. 

I didn't think the Pack would hang in there today so I'm more impressed they nearly had a chance to have the ball last and get a FG to win.

Zook is terrible and should be cut loose. But of course, its GB and there's no accountability...

Montgomery shouldn't see the field for awhile

1 minute ago, Brad gluckman said:

Absolutely disagree. Keeping the ball in ghe end zone is a time management decision. you dont expect every player on the field to know time management of a  football game. Thats on the coaches 100%

If 50 drunks in a bar can point out the 2 seconds before a two minute warning, an NFL player should.  You're grasping at straws here.  That wasn't a standard time management issue, that was a pea for brain common sense issue.

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

We've got to make sure our RB rotation continues. We fans just don't understand all the value that Jamal Williams and Ty Montgomery bring to this team.

Oh, here are today's stats:

Aaron Jones 12 86 1 7.2
Jamaal Williams 4 9 1 2.3
Ty Montgomery 2 6 0 3

Mac isn't a problem tho!

3 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Regardless of who is at fault this is really just not that good of a team.

While I might agree with you, we took arguably, the best team in football to the end on their field and should have had a chance to beat them in the end. 

This teams not far away, but unless we make a move for a pass rusher before Tuesday and McCarthy and Rodgers figure out their crap, this isn't a team you should believe is going anywhere.

However if Gute turns the EDGE room around as fast as the CB room, there is hope for the future.

Archived