Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

We've got to make sure our RB rotation continues. We fans just don't understand all the value that Jamal Williams and Ty Montgomery bring to this team.

Oh, here are today's stats:

Aaron Jones 12 86 1 7.2
Jamaal Williams 4 9 1 2.3
Ty Montgomery 2 6 0 3

I mean, this isn't about rotation here, we just didn't run the ball enough straight up. 4 carries for your 2nd RB is pretty normal tbh.

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

Mac isn't a problem tho!

So Jones doubles the amount of carries the other two have and it's still not enough?

I hope we cut Jones for no other reason than the Jones crowd is insufferable. Why don't we bench Rodgers too, have Jones take wildcat snaps and rush him every play?

Just now, Outpost31 said:

If 50 drunks in a bar can point out the 2 seconds before a two minute warning, an NFL player should.  You're grasping at straws here.  That wasn't a standard time management issue, that was a pea for brain common sense issue.

You think the coaches should just expect their KR to catch the ball in the end zone because there is 2:05 left and the KR shoukd jnow to leave Rodgers with the 2 minute warning? No, that a strategic decision, equivalent to calling a play, which should have been communicated to him. You dont just assume your backup RB/KR is going to make the right decision there. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

So Jones doubles the amount of carries the other two have and it's still not enough?

I hope we cut Jones for no other reason than the Jones crowd is insufferable. Why don't we bench Rodgers too, have Jones take wildcat snaps and rush him every play?

12 carries. 12. 

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

If Monty isn't smart enough to know that taking it out in that situation was the LAST thing he should have been doing then he's not smart enough to play in the NFL.  I'm no fan of Zook but that is on Monty making one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen made on a football field.  Even ignoring his putrid, pansy ball security, it was a horrid decision.  

No doubt it was a bad decision.  But Zook has one job there and he clearly didn't communicate with 88.  What the hell else do we have a special teams coach for...

Inexcusable by 88.  Only made possible by the lack of communication on the sideline.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm really confused by anybody watching this game and thinking that this isn't a good or talented team. 

The other guys get paid to. 

Montgomery did a stupid. McCarthy made some calls I disagreed with. 2 consecutive throws on 3rd and 2 and the call for the attempted offsides were really bad choices. 

I just think when you look at the big picture, this wasn't an overall team disaster. 

It wasn't but it's still an L and we needed the win and we took it out of Rodgers' hands when it was on the line. There are no moral victories. Maybe it's a sign we'll play better from here on out but maybe we won't. All it means right now is 7 games in we've won fewer games than we haven't won. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

While I might agree with you, we took arguably, the best team in football to the end on their field and should have had a chance to beat them in the end. 

Yeah a nice moral victory but every single week at least one or multiple aspects of this team are just legit terrible.  This is week 7 after a bye week and mistakes and sloppiness are still a pretty big theme.  On offense especially, yeah there are some young/new guys but the system has been in place since 2006 yet there is no consistency or identity 7 freaking weeks in!

Archived