Bye Week Assessment Thread

Leader

12 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I wonder where we would be on special teams if momty's returns weren't all called back.

Why can't players ever learn to not push people in the back or get grabby on these returns?  And it isn't just us.   >:(  Unless Ty is inside the 25 it might be a good idea for him to just call for a fair catch and be done with it.  ¬¬

18 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I thought Lewis' forte was blocking rather than receiving?  We should use him more in this capacity, especially against top pass rushing defenses.

Absolutely. And I was definitely cool with that. But there were people around the web talking like he would score a bunch of touchdowns and whatnot

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

Absolutely. And I was definitely cool with that. But there were people around the web talking like he would score a bunch of touchdowns and whatnot

At this point, absent injury, I'm wondering whether the guy will even catch 10 passes lol. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

At this point, absent injury, I'm wondering whether the guy will even catch 10 passes lol. 

I'm not saying I thought it was impossible he could have been a pass game factor, but he was built up by a few in that regard too much imo

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not saying I thought it was impossible he could have been a pass game factor, but he was built up by a few in that regard too much imo

I have to admit, I thought coming to a system like Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers, I thought we would incorporate him into the passing game.

It appears to me that he is behind Kendricks in the rotation at this point.  I am a bit disappointed with what he has provided, even as a blocker, at this point.

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have to admit, I thought coming to a system like Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers, I thought we would incorporate him into the passing game.

It appears to me that he is behind Kendricks in the rotation at this point.  I am a bit disappointed with what he has provided, even as a blocker, at this point.

Another Gute FA bust. He's hurting this team with his poor free agency selections. 

I’m going to be positive spin guy.

On a positive note there are statistical reasons for optimism.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame

We are 4th in yards per game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking

We are #1 in FG attempts through 6 weeks. We’ve attempted 20 and the median is 11. 

We are also 15th in points per game.

The main takeaway is we have talent to move the ball and points are being left on the field. The offense could really pop with younger guys getting more exp, Rodgers health improving and getting more reps. 

The D is 7th in yards per game. We have 3 d players on PFF graded top 8 at their position. The only abysmal player is Brice. Only one major injury so far (wilk).

Basically it isn’t all doom and gloom. We could pop

30 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m going to be positive spin guy.

On a positive note there are statistical reasons for optimism.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame

We are 4th in yards per game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking

We are #1 in FG attempts through 6 weeks. We’ve attempted 20 and the median is 11. 

We are also 15th in points per game.

The main takeaway is we have talent to move the ball and points are being left on the field. The offense could really pop with younger guys getting more exp, Rodgers health improving and getting more reps. 

The D is 7th in yards per game. We have 3 d players on PFF graded top 8 at their position. The only abysmal player is Brice. Only one major injury so far (wilk).

Basically it isn’t all doom and gloom. We could pop

The eye test supports this too. We look dominant and sloppy.

Fix the latter and we're just dominant.

On 10/17/2018 at 7:32 AM, Pugger said:

Why can't players ever learn to not push people in the back or get grabby on these returns?  And it isn't just us.   >:(  Unless Ty is inside the 25 it might be a good idea for him to just call for a fair catch and be done with it.  ¬¬

To be fair on Monty's big return i think that was an absolute terrible call. The SF guy ran over Morrison pancaked him and because Morrison's arms were out while he was going to his back it looked like he grabbed the SF guy but he didn't he just got himself blown right up:) The rest yes you're right.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:06 AM, Norm said:

Haha. To be serious, I'm very curious to see Breeland in action

Yeah what the heck is up with Breeland did he need a bit of time or did he hang with CM3 and get a torn/broken hammy day 1. Need this guys to give us that depth need AJ back to that kid can play.

33 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yeah what the heck is up with Breeland did he need a bit of time or did he hang with CM3 and get a torn/broken hammy day 1. Need this guys to give us that depth need AJ back to that kid can play.

He got banged up somehow right? I don't remember what now

Archived