Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

8 hours ago, mike23md said:

Guys, I added some new photos to the front page. 

They are absolutely G rated. Since the fun police and those guys called Mods had to strip away the layers that made this place great. 

i absolutely followed the rules, and they got more strict. 

Don't they know that we won because of the ladies. Sheesh. 

I do. When we had none it was the Saints game. Which is why I mentioned it.

So I'll give you guys a good guideline.

• NFL Cheerleaders in uniform? Yes --> as long as the pic isn't in a suggestive pose (**)
  • Bikinis? Yes --> As long as they aren't micro bikinis that barely cover the ladies (**)

(**) Basically think about having to explain the pic to your mother or your mother-in-law (or your 7 year old daughter) as to why you're looking at the pic and why/what the woman is doing/wearing. If you need to take a moment to explain, its no bueno.

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh and I'll be at Fed Ex on Sunday for my annual Cowboys game. So I will not be monitoring the site. I will leave that to our Senior Mod @Woz.

Please do not tape him to the goalposts like you did last time. 

I’ll be in Denver so I won’t be online either 

Ill be in Tampa on Sunday getting in at 3 ish. So Ill be just in time to watch the game. 

Heard an interview with Chris Cooley yesterday in which he said that Alex Smith relies on Jordan Reed to win his route which is why Smith is having trouble getting rid of the ball. I call BS. 

Frankly, what that tells me:

HE IS NOT COMFORTABLE IN THE OFFENSE. HE IS NOT GOOD AT PRE SNAP READS. 

Smith locks in to quickly on Reed, which is true, but the other receivers are just not good enough to draw the attention away from Reed. This is the difference between Cousins and Smith. Cousins had good anticipation and was able to diagnose defenses better. He was very good at his pre snap reads and determining what the defense was going to do. 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Man, mirages must be amazing.

Alex has 76 targets to WRs through 5 games or, 15 targets to WRs a game.

76 is a big number.

171 (number of passing attempts by Alex Smith in five games) is a bigger number.

76 represents 44.4% of passing attempts going to wide receivers. That's not such a big number.

Context matters.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

76 is a big number.

171 (number of passing attempts by Alex Smith in five games) is a bigger number.

76 represents 44.4% of passing attempts going to wide receivers. That's not such a big number.

Context matters.

My point was that he is throwing to WRs, saying he’s not is just not true. I understand it’s a fun position to have but it’s just not true.

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Ill be in Tampa on Sunday getting in at 3 ish. So Ill be just in time to watch the game. 

Heard an interview with Chris Cooley yesterday in which he said that Alex Smith relies on Jordan Reed to win his route which is why Smith is having trouble getting rid of the ball. I call BS. 

Frankly, what that tells me:

HE IS NOT COMFORTABLE IN THE OFFENSE. HE IS NOT GOOD AT PRE SNAP READS. 

Smith locks in to quickly on Reed, which is true, but the other receivers are just not good enough to draw the attention away from Reed. This is the difference between Cousins and Smith. Cousins had good anticipation and was able to diagnose defenses better. He was very good at his pre snap reads and determining what the defense was going to do. 

Cousins wasn’t as comfortable in the offense in 2014 & the beginning of 2015 he struggled some too until the 2nd half Of the 2015 Tampa “You Like That” game. I was at the game, I honestly almost left at halftime because Cousins was awful in the first half. Let’s see what happens with the passing game the last 2/3 of the season.

Archived