2019 Murphy / Gute Off-Season moves

Nick_gb

10 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Keep MM.  Can't believe how many fans are ready to jettison a VERY successful HC.  Granted they haven't looked good this year but c'mon.  HIs record speaks for itself.  Yes 2 edge guys.  I would resign Matthews and move him inside.  If we can get MO back all for it.  3-4 mil/yr.  I also worry about Dix.  He seems to be more interested in money than the game.  Don't like his attitude.  We'll need a vet as well as 1 or 2 picks at this position. Yep need a young TE to groom.  Need depth on OL for sure.  Interior G position.  OT has me concerned depends on Spriggs.  OK at WR depends on Cobb.  If no resign than yes a fast shifty guy.  ILB with addition of moving Mathews we'd be OK.  No kicker Crosby has a few seasons left.

A lot of needs on this team.  Wouldn't package 1's to move up.  Edge is deep enough we should be able to snag a couple of promising players.   Would explore trading for Fowler.  Getting a vet plus a promising player in the draft would help tremendously.  One last point depending on MO think we could use more depth along the D-line.  

Not hard to have that record when you have arguably the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game taking the field for you, your entire career. Me personally, I don't like MM's killer instinct mostly because it doesn't exist. 

10 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Not hard to have that record when you have arguably the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game taking the field for you, your entire career. Me personally, I don't like MM's killer instinct mostly because it doesn't exist. 

Tell that to the Saints, who’ve spent many years at .500. Even teams w/ good QB’s like Matt Ryan have crap years. 

11 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Transient Texan is right.  The New Orleans Saints have had 4 seasons at 7-9 in the last 6.  Last I heard, they have a first ballot HOF QB that holds some records in the NFL.

I think packer fans are too accepting of the whole Aaron Rodgers is the greatest QB to have ever played the game concept.  He is one of the greatest, but I think there is a lot of hyperbole in that title.

11 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

MM is around top 10 in active HC win% in games without Aaron Rodgers.

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Zach Allen is Anthony Zettel, change my mind

Madden says he's JJ Watt.  As always, I know nothing about college football.  The only reason I know names this early this year is because Madden finally allowed custom draft classes and I downloaded one made for this upcoming draft.  It's pretty cool.  I know all the pass rushers we aren't going to get. 

59 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Give me Jelks over Allen every day of the week

I didn't like his name.  What I did learn through Madden is that there are a LOT of pass rushers projected to go in the first round.  That is good news.  

I almost planned on going high and low first on a pass rusher.  Zach Allen and Josh Allen would have been fun.  Or Chase Winovich.  

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

MM is around top 10 in active HC win% in games without Aaron Rodgers.

He's 2 games over .500 when Aaron Rodgers isn't playing or doesn't finish a game due to injury. He's fortunate that he's started every season in his head coaching career with a first ballot HOF QB under center.  Without one he's been completely irrelevant losing far more games than he's won.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

He's 2 games over .500 when Aaron Rodgers isn't playing or doesn't finish a game due to injury. He's fortunate that he's started every season in his head coaching career with a first ballot HOF QB under center.  Without one he's been completely irrelevant losing far more games than he's won.

You don't know that.  The team would have drafted earlier, so he would be coaching a team with a better roster overall.

How McCarthy would do without a HOF QB is just wild speculation that has no known answer.

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

You don't know that.  The team would have drafted earlier, so he would be coaching a team with a better roster overall.

How McCarthy would do without a HOF QB is just wild speculation that has no known answer.

Of course it is.  It's wild speculation based on his horrid record without either Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre.

Can anyone objectively say that Mike McCarthy did a quality job coaching last year?  He's this herald QB genius because of Aaron Rodgers yet his offense has generally looked like trash in darn near every single instance he didn't have a HOF QB running it. 

10 minutes ago, SSG said:

Mike Tomlin (career .657 winning percentage) is only a game or two above .500 without Roethlisberger.

Sean Payton has only had one meaningful game without Brees (they lost) but you can be sure he'd be below .500.

40 minutes ago, SSG said:

He's actually 5 games above .500 without Rodgers. 27-22-1. 

I guess every good/great coach who has coached HOFers is fortunate. Also, every HOFer that has played for a good/great coach like McCarthy is fortunate as well.

It's funny how that works.

Archived