Week 7: Detroit Lions (2-3) @ Miami Dolphins (4-2)

TheKillerNacho

DET @ MIA  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Detroit Lions
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Brock Osweiler
    • Matthew Stafford
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • LeGarrette Blount
    • Kerryon Johnson
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Kenny Stills
    • Danny Amendola
    • Golden Tate
    • Marvin Jones
    • Kenny Golladay
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Luke Willson
    • Jason Sanders
    • Matt Prater
    • Dolphins DST
    • Lions DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

2-Tickets-Detroit-Lions-Vs-Miami-Dolphin

Another game against an NFC North squad coming off their bye! At least we're at home again.

You'd think after a win last week I'd be more optimistic, but I'm just not. Who knows if Tannehill will be able to go. Detroit's defense sucks at least. Still, I think this game will be another close one.

Detroit 27
Miami 29

GO DOLPHINS!

All offseason, we debated whether Gase had made the right call regarding the backup QB situation. Osweiler comes in and puts a damper on that debate, performing well if not great. He truly seems like he has a command of the offense, making line calls / checks galore.

0 sacks allowed by the OL last game

^I can hardly believe it.

Tunsil - Larsen - Swanson - Davis - James had a great performance against what was largely considered the best defense in the league. Can they replicate that performance? If they can, it might not matter who is taking snaps at QB.

Shoutout to our defense - averaging LESS THAN 3 POINTS per redzone trip.

Good point, it is kinda weird for the second week in a row we get yet another NFC North team that enjoyed a bye last weekend. Coming in with fresh legs that hopefully won't be so fresh by the 4th quarter in hot humid Miami. 

The defense has been such a pleasant surprise this season, who knew the Dolphins would be leading the entire NFL in interceptions after six games? I sure didn't expect this. I like to think it's the Minkah Fitzpatrick factor, the rookie DB who doesn't look confused like a rookie DB which improves the overall pass defense. Sure the sack count is among the NFL's weakest, but the QB pressures are not so terribly bad (didn't look that up, just guessing). 

8 hours ago, FinSting said:

Sure the sack count is among the NFL's weakest, but the QB pressures are not so terribly bad (didn't look that up, just guessing). 

You're correct when it came to the games Wake played in. However the past two games have been kind of poor in that department. DE is a round 1 need, Harris doesn't have it.

12 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

You're correct when it came to the games Wake played in. However the past two games have been kind of poor in that department. DE is a round 1 need, Harris doesn't have it.

Did you see the Cincy play where Harris had Dalton dead to rights, but somehow Dalton flings it up for a TD anyway? Harris sure has some bad luck. Plus he was injured on the very last final play of practice prior to the Bears game, and couldn't play. Geez. 

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm good holding off on DE for now. We have so many other areas of need.

I wouldn't say "so many". I think our roster is in good shape for 2019 if Kilgore and Sutton come back healthy. I think there's going to be 5 franchise DE's in this draft. It'd be a shame if none of them were picked by us.

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

I wouldn't say "so many". I think our roster is in good shape for 2019 if Kilgore and Sutton come back healthy. I think there's going to be 5 franchise DE's in this draft. It'd be a shame if none of them were picked by us.

Kilgore was a bottom 5 center before getting hurt. Sitton is only under contract for this year. We are by no means guaranteed to resign him, especially since he only started one game for us.

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Kilgore was a bottom 5 center before getting hurt. Sitton is only under contract for this year. We are by no means guaranteed to resign him, especially since he only started one game for us.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/josh-sitton-3748/

It looks like he is a 2-yr signee. Regardless of the OC situation, our line has shown they have the ability to play well. We do need some depth and competition on the OL, though, esp. a serviceable backup OT, and possible replacement for James. But I'd characterize the DE spot as more important than the interior OL. Having a really good one can change the whole dynamic of the defense. 

3 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/josh-sitton-3748/

It looks like he is a 2-yr signee. Regardless of the OC situation, our line has shown they have the ability to play well. We do need some depth and competition on the OL, though, esp. a serviceable backup OT, and possible replacement for James. But I'd characterize the DE spot as more important than the interior OL. Having a really good one can change the whole dynamic of the defense. 

I stand corrected. Still, there's no guarantee the FO will want to keep him on.

Our interior OL is so bad it takes precedent over most other things on this team. Kilgore and Davis simply aren't NFL-quality starters, and it's starting to show. Moreover, first round DEs tend to be a mixed bag. If you don't score an elite prospect, there's a high potential for a bust. Ja'Wuan James is also a free agent after this year, and there's no guarantee we keep him. To add to this, we have holes at Linebacker, Cornerback, Runningback and Tight End. I certainly don't think DE would be a horrible pick but I feel like this team won't have a real chance to be successful until we have an OL that can block somebody... anybody.

28 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I stand corrected. Still, there's no guarantee the FO will want to keep him on.

Our interior OL is so bad it takes precedent over most other things on this team. Kilgore and Davis simply aren't NFL-quality starters, and it's starting to show. Moreover, first round DEs tend to be a mixed bag. If you don't score an elite prospect, there's a high potential for a bust. Ja'Wuan James is also a free agent after this year, and there's no guarantee we keep him. To add to this, we have holes at Linebacker, Cornerback, Runningback and Tight End. I certainly don't think DE would be a horrible pick but I feel like this team won't have a real chance to be successful until we have an OL that can block somebody... anybody.

I hope our FO can find quality IOL starter(s) in Day Two. 

44 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I hope our FO can find quality IOL starter(s) in Day Two. 

Yeah cause that has happened in the past.....

Ultimately, I believe taking BPA is the best policy, especially in Round 1. If DE is the best player, so be it. If there's an elite OL talent there instead, take that instead of a lesser quality DE. One can find quality pass rushers at all stages of the draft (for every Von Miller and Khalil Mack in every draft there's a Danielle Hunter or Demarcus Lawrence) - same with OL. So take whoever the most surefire prospect is regardless of position. It's not like we have many positions on this team that couldn't stand to be improved on (except Safety, maybe; between McDonald, Jones, and Fitzpatrick we're pretty set).

21 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah cause that has happened in the past.....

In the 3 drafts of the Chris Grier Era (assuming he's ultimately responsible for the picks),  we've only drafted one OG: Isaac Asiata in the 5th Round. We might be due.

17 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

In the 3 drafts of the Chris Grier Era (assuming he's ultimately responsible for the picks),  we've only drafted one OG: Isaac Asiata in the 5th Round.

So what you're saying is, our FO has not put any effort whatsoever in improving the OL and are directly responsible for us not having a good one.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So what you're saying is, our FO has not put any effort whatsoever in improving the OL and are directly responsible for us not having a good one.

Tunsil was a 1st rounder. James (pre-Gase) was a 1st rounder. We signed a stud LG and a serviceable OC this past offseason. I wouldn't say "no effort" was put in to the OL. We should find someone good Day Two, hopefully. 

Archived