Week 7: Detroit Lions (2-3) @ Miami Dolphins (4-2)

TheKillerNacho

DET @ MIA  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Detroit Lions
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Brock Osweiler
    • Matthew Stafford
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • LeGarrette Blount
    • Kerryon Johnson
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Kenny Stills
    • Danny Amendola
    • Golden Tate
    • Marvin Jones
    • Kenny Golladay
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Luke Willson
    • Jason Sanders
    • Matt Prater
    • Dolphins DST
    • Lions DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

15 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Just read about the Albert Wilson leg/hip injury. (didn't see the game)

Dang! 

Wilson  and Stills both left the game with not very good looking injuries. This game reminded me of the New England game in so many ways. I was thinking win today but I should have known better, I understand the offense struggling but I just do not get why Miami's D can look so not ready to play certain games, that has to be just not game planning for the team you are playing.

38 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

This game reminded me of the New England game in so many ways. 

When I saw the box score, it reminded me of just about every last Fins playoff game of the past 20 years....opponents runs wild on the Miami defense, massive rushing yardage. 

Well, I think Brock did a great job considering our interior O-line can't block to save their lives. If the Larsen injury is season ending, they might as well bench Tannehill for the rest of the year because he can't handle pressure up the middle. Our opponents know that A gap blitzes get through 60% of the time, they will just keep them coming. I don't get all the hate on Brock, he is 1,000% better at game management than Tannehill, and he can make the touch throws Tannehill can only dream of. He is 5 TD in 2 games, Tannehill had 7 in 5. Brock doesn't let the game get away from him mentally, which is a big problem for Tannehill. Either way, with our pathetic O-line, we can only hope for an 8-8 season, unless somehow they can find a decent OG off he street. Wilson is done for the year, so Gase is going to have to rewrite the playbook this week, Parker can't run the routes that Wilson ran. If Stills is out Thursday as well, that means they will have to promote from the practice squad. I want to give credit where it is due, the Lions have built one heck of an offense, they have one mean O-line, and a franchise QB and it showed. Stafford picked our secondary apart, and their interior O-line just manhandled our defense. This game was a clinic in proper blocking. This also proved once again that the O-line makes the RB. Johnson could have run backwards through those holes. Our young LB's got a big dose of learning on the job in this game. The layered route the Lions used got them to bite hard on the shallow route, allowing he deep route to be wide open. They need to watch this game over and over and learn from it. It was good to see Gesicki get some more playing time, the is a weapon and I hope that Brock continues to get him the ball. O'Leary is also fun to watch. This game just showcased the lack of talent Miami has at certain positions.

10 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

Well, I think Brock did a great job considering our interior O-line can't block to save their lives. If the Larsen injury is season ending, they might as well bench Tannehill for the rest of the year because he can't handle pressure up the middle. Our opponents know that A gap blitzes get through 60% of the time, they will just keep them coming. I don't get all the hate on Brock, he is 1,000% better at game management than Tannehill, and he can make the touch throws Tannehill can only dream of. He is 5 TD in 2 games, Tannehill had 7 in 5. Brock doesn't let the game get away from him mentally, which is a big problem for Tannehill. Either way, with our pathetic O-line, we can only hope for an 8-8 season, unless somehow they can find a decent OG off he street. Wilson is done for the year, so Gase is going to have to rewrite the playbook this week, Parker can't run the routes that Wilson ran. If Stills is out Thursday as well, that means they will have to promote from the practice squad. I want to give credit where it is due, the Lions have built one heck of an offense, they have one mean O-line, and a franchise QB and it showed. Stafford picked our secondary apart, and their interior O-line just manhandled our defense. This game was a clinic in proper blocking. This also proved once again that the O-line makes the RB. Johnson could have run backwards through those holes. Our young LB's got a big dose of learning on the job in this game. The layered route the Lions used got them to bite hard on the shallow route, allowing he deep route to be wide open. They need to watch this game over and over and learn from it. It was good to see Gesicki get some more playing time, the is a weapon and I hope that Brock continues to get him the ball. O'Leary is also fun to watch. This game just showcased the lack of talent Miami has at certain positions.

I can only speak for myself, but it's because I don't WANT a game manager.  Osweiler can never be any more than that and we don't have the top tier defense or run game to support this type of limitation from the QB position.  There was always hope that Tannehill could regain that 2016 form and start balling out again.  At this point he's probably damaged goods, even if 2016 wasn't a fluke.  I'm perfectly fine with moving on from him and saving the $13 million next year and $20 million the year after.    

Hrubes, I get you. I don't want a game manager either. But when the choice we have is a competent game manager that stays in the game, and an erratic QB that makes bad decisions and costs his team the win, I'm going with the game manager. I too am sick and tired of seeing these young franchise QB's eat us alive, but unless the front office is fine with trading up, we will be stuck with subpar QB's. Something has to change. The reports leaking from the Dolphins are suggesting that Gase has reached his boiling point with Tannehill. I think that this offseason will be the year they either allow him to draft his QB, or he will walk. I simply don't see Gase coaching next year with Tannehill as the starter. I still don't think that Tannehill makes it out of this season without being on IR.

I do not think Tannehill, Brock O. or Gase are the long term answers  for the franchise. After a season and a half of watching Gase handle an under achieving team I just do not personally feel he has the right demeaner to coach guys up, or light into them when they are not playing smart football. 

On 10/22/2018 at 7:34 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

I do not think Tannehill, Brock O. or Gase are the long term answers  for the franchise. After a season and a half of watching Gase handle an under achieving team I just do not personally feel he has the right demeaner to coach guys up, or light into them when they are not playing smart football. 

Honestly I think the team overachieves under Gase. Fact is, this squad just isn't talented. We should be 3-13 with this squad. Gase already gave us more wins than that. I'm honestly confused by Dolfans who like to pretend we have all-star level talent... we just don't.

Archived