MWil23

Who Wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Additional matchups to watch:

Nick Chubb vs. A 4th Carry

WR Room vs. The Training Staff

Jimmy Haslam vs. Prioritizing tanking and Soccer

This game will probably be a big indicator for the rest of the year. Slipping to 2-4-1 is a recipe for falling well behind the pack and players packing it in, and the coaches accepting their inevitable fate. 

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I have Barber for Tampa at RB on my fantasy team and I'm actually giving serious consideration to starting him...that's how little I believe in our rush D.

*looks at your fantasy team*

you have no other option to play tho. Barber Duke and Beasley. I would be playing Beasley tho. Dallas is going to be confident as all hell now after what they did to Jacksonville 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

*looks at your fantasy team*

you have no other option to play tho. Barber Duke and Beasley. I would be playing Beasley tho. Dallas is going to be confident as all hell now after what they did to Jacksonville 

I'm playing all 3 of those guys. RB is a real weakness, but thankfully Gurley the Toddfather for the Rams is more than making up for it. It seems like Beasley and Shepherd screw me over every week no matter what I do. I benched Beasley last week and he went bonkers. I benched Shepherd the week before and he had a TD and a bunch of catches. Stupid slot WRs.

You guys are really all going into this week expecting a loss? I'm certainly not.

We looked flat as hell last week. That's on the coaches and players. It's like they punched us in the mouth early and we checked out. I'm looking to Baker and Jarvis to step up and bring some fire to this team this week. We ARE the better team, clearly. We need to play like it if we want to keep the season alive. We're still right in the thick of things at 3-3-1, but I'd say it's yet another early end to the season if we lose to the Bucs to drop to 2-4-1.

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Additional matchups to watch:

Nick Chubb vs. A 4th Carry

WR Room vs. The Training Staff

Jimmy Haslam vs. Prioritizing tanking and Soccer

This game will probably be a big indicator for the rest of the year. Slipping to 2-4-1 is a recipe for falling well behind the pack and players packing it in, and the coaches accepting their inevitable fate. 

I gotta ask, why is Nick Chubb not the workhorse HB? Duke is the passing down HB, so it's not like Hyde is playing because of his receiving ability.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I gotta ask, why is Nick Chubb not the workhorse HB? Duke is the passing down HB, so it's not like Hyde is playing because of his receiving ability.

Aside from Hue Jackson being our HC...

I think that the only reason is because he's not ready from a blocking perspective. From a running perspective, he's easily the best we've got. Also, Hyde wasn't exactly good in pass protection or as a receiving threat last week...or ever, for that matter.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from Hue Jackson being our HC...

I think that the only reason is because he's not ready from a blocking perspective. From a running perspective, he's easily the best we've got. Also, Hyde wasn't exactly good in pass protection or as a receiving threat last week...or ever, for that matter.

It's baffling. Y'all can use all the help you can get offensively to ease things for Baker. I'm just shocked that you're barely using your most talented HB, despite the fact that he's averaging 10.8 yards per carry. TBH, I'm hoping Hyde suffers an injury (like a strained groin or pulled hammy) that won't do long-term damage but forces Hue to start Chubb for a week or two. It'll be like Baker. Once Chubb gets in, Hue won't be able to sit him again imo.

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's baffling. Y'all can use all the help you can get offensively to ease things for Baker. I'm just shocked that you're barely using your most talented HB, despite the fact that he's averaging 10.8 yards per carry. TBH, I'm hoping Hyde suffers an injury (like a strained groin or pulled hammy) that won't do long-term damage but forces Hue to start Chubb for a week or two. It'll be like Baker. Once Chubb gets in, Hue won't be able to sit him again imo.

I mean, there's so much that's baffling over the course of the last 3 years, but I'll stick to JUST this year:

*Chubb vs. Oakland has 3 carries for over 100 yards and 2 TD, juking guys out and breaking tackles along the way.

*Duke Johnson, who just signed an extension, who Hue promised to get more touches, is averaging 5.8 YPC and 11.7 YPA receiving, and yet only has 33 touches in 6 games, despite 2-3 WRs being hurt. He should have played all week at about 75% of snaps, half of which should have been in the slot or in 2 RB packages.

It's honestly mind blowing and hilarious. Hue is inept and a liar.

59 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What @MWil23 said. No logical explanation, really. Impact talents displayed in his very limited chances. No reason for so few chances 6 games into the year. He’s only justified going so high in the draft. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

bad in pass pro and haley apparently requires that, esp with rookie qb

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

That's Jeff Fisher-level decision making. 

When you have a hobbled QB and gave up 5 sacks against a team that is missing their best pass rusher, you need an extra protector. 

Chubb was HORRIBLE in pass protection in the beginning of the year. 

That being said he does need more carries. Just hope he can consistently put out those long runs.  Hyde runs well he just doesn't have the break away capability that Chubb does.

Archived