Josh Allen UCL injury

Thelonebillsfan

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Matt's arm is completely gone. That, and he seems pretty content to retire. He turned down a workout opportunity from the 49ers when Jimmy went down, iirc.

He did. I agree, I think he's pretty happily just done at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Shady for Foles, who says no?

Probably both. While the eagles aren't going to bring Foles back at his current cost next year, having a solid back up plan at quarterback is a necessity on a team with super bowl aspirations. I don't think they would want to subtract from the current roster to make that trade.  I'd say the Bills say no if they view foles as nothing more than a fill in. If they view him as a guy who could be the guy, then they may be okay with that. I think they would be looking at a return on Shady that would yield them possibly superior longer term players. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably both. While the eagles aren't going to bring Foles back at his current cost next year, having a solid back up plan at quarterback is a necessity on a team with super bowl aspirations. I don't think they would want to subtract from the current roster to make that trade.  I'd say the Bills say no if they view foles as nothing more than a fill in. If they view him as a guy who could be the guy, then they may be okay with that. I think they would be looking at a return on Shady that would yield them possibly superior longer term players. 

(I agree)

4 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

When he actually has more than .3 seconds to throw the ball he throws darts that usually hit KB in the chest and he drops them, or you look at the over head view and receivers literally cannot get a yard of separation

Josh Allen holds the ball the longest in the league. The issues at WR are real. The OL issues are just hyperbole from fans usually. He has been getting plenty of time but he doesn't trust his eyes or his feet. 

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Peterman is only still on the roster because they are still waiting for the second opinion, because he knows the offense more than Derek Anderson, and because Derek Anderson needs somebody anybody to back him up just in case something goes wrong that's not Logan Thomas.

Cardale Jones? :D

But this sucks, honestly. I didn't think highly of Josh Allen, but he had some moments last week where I liked what I saw. He's incredibly strong in the face of a rush, I saw him shrug off Jadevion Clowney with little effort last Sunday. 

Hopefully it's just a sprain and can be managed by rehab and some meds for inflammation.

49 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Josh Allen holds the ball the longest in the league. The issues at WR are real. The OL issues are just hyperbole from fans usually. He has been getting plenty of time but he doesn't trust his eyes or his feet. 

The interior and left side are definitely real significant weaknesses. But Groy/Bodine and Mills have been pretty solid.

His biggest issue was his biggest issue in college, he doesn't process quick enough to just let the ball go. Which is why everything is short and his YPA is under 5 the last couple weeks. He's been up and down but he hasn't been catastrophically bad like I thought he had the potential to be. And he's been better than Mayfield IMO so far (Baker is more dynamic so far but turns the ball over WAY too much). 

Him missing a month or so if it's not a major tear it's not the worst thing in the world. Let him sit with Anderson and the coaches in the film room without having to worry about live action for a while.

Archived