Looking to the future draft.. (yes already)

Giants4eva

I know this is going to be a very unpopular opinion, but does anyone just want to draft the best player available this year and wait to draft a QB in what looks like an all time great QB class in 2020?  We can let a lot of bad contracts run their course next year and cut bait and really gear up for the 2020 season.  I'd rather wait a year and get the rebuild correct than rush it and draft the wrong guy this spring

16 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

I know this is going to be a very unpopular opinion, but does anyone just want to draft the best player available this year and wait to draft a QB in what looks like an all time great QB class in 2020?  We can let a lot of bad contracts run their course next year and cut bait and really gear up for the 2020 season.  I'd rather wait a year and get the rebuild correct than rush it and draft the wrong guy this spring

This might be the best course of action. The DL talent in this draft is undeniable and if Herbert doesn't come out, it will be impossible to justify taking a QB top-5 over one of these talented defensive players. 

18 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

Honestly at this point before the combine and / or rise of any QB prospect, i wouldn't be opposed to a DL prospect or BPA. If Herbert is coming out, i think its almost a lock we take him. If he decides against coming out, i don't no how long we wait to make a move in the draft take a QB of some sort. Its a pretty volatile situation we will be in if he doesn't come out. My belief is if he stays in school we are going to keep Eli 1 more yr and rework his contract. This alters alot of what the mindset will be for this next draft. If Herbert stays in, I think Dan Jones really is going to get heavy consideration come our 2nd pick. The pressure is going to be very heavy on DG to make a move for a guy because Giants management is not very happy right now. 

Archived