Josh Jones & Montravius Adams?

TheOnlyThing

Given the ongoing defensive struggles, can anyone explain the lack of snaps for 2017 2nd and 3rd round picks Josh Jones and Montravius Adams?

Are they both just bad fits for Pettine's scheme?

Is Jones' injury lingering? Does Adams have an injury that I've not heard about?  

Especially confused by Adams not seeing the field given Wilkerson's season ending injury.

Undrafted rookie Tyler Lancaster had 3 snaps on defense last night. Adams had 2. Jones had 0.

How bad must you be in the locker room and practice field to not earn snaps over Brice and Whitehead?  Cuz that is how horrible Josh Jones must be.

I loved Adams in pre-season.  He played some when Mo went down right away, but then hasn't seen much PT.  Must have not been assignment sure.  It'll come for him.

Point taken though, those two look like busts right now and they really need to turn it on.

• Like 1

Maybe Adams just isn't quite there strength wise after missing so much time with the foot injury?

As for Jones, what have we seen from him to suggest that he should be on the field? Some special teams penalties and getting beaten like a drum against second and third stringers in preseason.  The guy is a good athlete, but he isn't playing against Wake Forrest anymore.  When put in the same situations Brice, Whitehead, Greene, and Evans all played better than Jones.  A better question than why hasn't Jones played, is why did we cut Marwin Evans?

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

How bad must you be in the locker room and practice field to not earn snaps over Brice and Whitehead?  Cuz that is how horrible Josh Jones must be.

I loved Adams in pre-season.  He played some when Mo went down right away, but then hasn't seen much PT.  Must have not been assignment sure.  It'll come for him.

Point taken though, those two look like busts right now and they really need to turn it on.

I'm fine with Whitehead because he's played well, but I really want to see what Jones got playing in Brices spot. The guy just needs opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

Neither have shown the ability to play assignment football.

In an effort to get more athletes on the roster the front office has sacrificed basic fundamentals.  

I don't want to hear it. There are 31 other teams that don't have a problem with it. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yep. The previous argument was that we didn't have enough athletic guys

So Packer fans were arguing that the defense's unathletic, unproductive defensive players needed to be replaced by athletic, unproductive players?

Crazy.

I'd hope the GM was focusing on finding players who are able to do their job both athletically and schematically.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

So Packer fans were arguing that the defense's unathletic, unproductive defensive players needed to be replaced by athletic, unproductive players?

Crazy.

I'd hope the GM was focusing on finding players who are able to do their job both athletically and schematically.

Yeah that's exactly what the argument was. Athletic unproductive players. For real dude? Do you know what intellectual dishonesty is?

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't want to hear it. There are 31 other teams don't have a problem with it. 

Yes, there are 31 other teams that are stacked with guys who are both athletic freaks and fundamentally sound football players. . . Crazy that we've got a better than 500 record with such a player disadvantage.

Truly McCarthy is a HOF coach for achieving that.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Crazy.

Players that are good both athletically and fundamentally are so very rarely found outside of the early portion of the draft. The players you're describing are studs. I think every NFL GM is intently focused on bringing in as many studs as possible. There just aren't very many.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, there are 31 other teams that are stacked with guys who are both athletic freaks and fundamentally sound football players. . . Crazy that we've got a better than 500 record with such a player disadvantage.

Truly McCarthy is a HOF coach for achieving that.

If you want to play the other end of the spectrum game - go ahead. I'm pretty sure most understand the simplicity and intention of my post