Josh Jones & Montravius Adams?

TheOnlyThing

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

how's not having Jake Ryan in there at ILB working out for us so far this year?

Packers are currently 7th in total defense (yards), 4th against the pass, and 14th against the rush.

They are currently at 16th in opponents points per game.

All of those are improvements on last season's ranking.

Who did Palmy compare losing Jake Ryan to, oh yeah he said it was like losing Aaron Ripkowski on offense.

The D still needs to improve, particularly at OLB, but I'd say that so far in 2018 the Packers Defense misses Jake Ryan about as much the Offense misses Rip.

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Packers are currently 7th in total defense (yards), 4th against the pass, and 14th against the rush.

Who did Palmy compare losing Jake Ryan to, oh yeah he said it was like losing Aaron Ripkowski on offense.

The D still needs to improve, particularly at OLB, but I'd say that so far in 2018 the Packers Defense misses Jake Ryan about as much the Offense misses Rip.

You can't really compare a FB to your would be starting ILB though, Jake was a good run defender, and we are getting gashed from the run this year partly due to the LBs poor play.

10 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

And our ILB is the weakest spot on this defense. Imagine how good we would be if we didn't routinely get killed off tackle?

This defense seriously misses flow to the ball linebackers. That's why everybody's so pissy about the outside guys.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You are with the point of this thread being: Athletic guys burn out by not being assignment sure?

Also, how's not having Jake Ryan in there at ILB working out for us so far this year?

Why does Jake Ryan play first downs only ?

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not sure I could convince myself to take an ILB there but Edmunds looks like a stud, and not just for a rookie. Guy should be a pro bowler this year.

You're breaking my heart.
Absolutely nothing against Alexander - but back when draft prospects were being bandied about and there seemed to be some consensus that either Davenport or Landry should/will be ours @ #14 - I went all Contrarian and offered up selecting Edmunds - even though it didnt seem likely he'd be around anymore. From what I could see the guy just looked like a player we could mold into a number of uses.

Well - it played out entirely differently - other than (it appears) Edmunds being a player.

Be interesting to know how this season - and our future - would be play out minus Alex but with Edmunds. Say if we drafted Edmunds and plugged Breeland (or some other FA) in where Alexander is now????? (Okay, okay....no need to mention the other #1....I got that....just talking player talent here)

I wouldnt be having any night sweats about CMs future thats for certain and he and Martinez would give us a nice pair of second line defenders.

Oh well.....or as someone else once said: what is and what should never be.

8 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I was begging for either Edmunds or James when they became available at our pick. In hindsight, give me Jaire and the extra 1st all day long.

I'm pretty much in this boat. I'm not sure you'd find a bigger Derwin James fan in here (or Ward) than me, but I have a hard time passing on Jaire plus the extra 1st. 

Edited by JBURGE

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And our ILB is the weakest spot on this defense. Imagine how good we would be if we didn't routinely get killed off tackle?

This defense seriously misses flow to the ball linebackers. That's why everybody's so pissy about the outside guys.

To be fair, I doubt Jake Ryan would do much in this scheme where we expect our ILBs to scrape and fill on the EDGE when our EDGE guys crash down on off-tackle plays. Then again, the rest of our ILBs suck at doing it too....

Just now, packfanfb said:

To be fair, I doubt Jake Ryan would do much in this scheme where we expect our ILBs to scrape and fill on the EDGE when our EDGE guys crash down on off-tackle plays. Then again, the rest of our ILBs suck at doing it too....

I think Ryan would probably be the best of them at it. Minimally I wouldn't have to watch Burks routinely get worked.