Jump to content
TheOnlyThing

Josh Jones & Montravius Adams?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Seriously ? I've watched every team we played, which is the best way to do an eye test comparison. All the brains in the world aren't helping the defense now.

But we haven't played the other 31 teams. We've only played 6. 4 of which we beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

how's not having Jake Ryan in there at ILB working out for us so far this year?

Packers are currently 7th in total defense (yards), 4th against the pass, and 14th against the rush.

They are currently at 16th in opponents points per game.

All of those are improvements on last season's ranking.

Who did Palmy compare losing Jake Ryan to, oh yeah he said it was like losing Aaron Ripkowski on offense.

The D still needs to improve, particularly at OLB, but I'd say that so far in 2018 the Packers Defense misses Jake Ryan about as much the Offense misses Rip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Packers are currently 7th in total defense (yards), 4th against the pass, and 14th against the rush.

They are currently at 16th in opponents points per game.

All of those are improvements on last season's ranking.

Who did Palmy compare losing Jake Ryan to, oh yeah he said it was like losing Aaron Ripkowski on offense.

The D still needs to improve, particularly at OLB, but I'd say that so far in 2018 the Packers Defense misses Jake Ryan about as much the Offense misses Rip.

You can't really compare a FB to your would be starting ILB though, Jake was a good run defender, and we are getting gashed from the run this year partly due to the LBs poor play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Packers are currently 7th in total defense (yards), 4th against the pass, and 14th against the rush.

They are currently at 16th in opponents points per game.

All of those are improvements on last season's ranking.

Who did Palmy compare losing Jake Ryan to, oh yeah he said it was like losing Aaron Ripkowski on offense.

The D still needs to improve, particularly at OLB, but I'd say that so far in 2018 the Packers Defense misses Jake Ryan about as much the Offense misses Rip.

And our ILB is the weakest spot on this defense. Imagine how good we would be if we didn't routinely get killed off tackle?

This defense seriously misses flow to the ball linebackers. That's why everybody's so pissy about the outside guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You are with the point of this thread being: Athletic guys burn out by not being assignment sure?

Also, how's not having Jake Ryan in there at ILB working out for us so far this year?

Why does Jake Ryan play first downs only ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else think the Pack should have drafted Derwin James when he dropped to #14 this past April?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SAM said:

Anybody else think the Pack should have drafted Derwin James when he dropped to #14 this past April?

Maybe, though I still favor Tremaine Edmunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Maybe, though I still favor Tremaine Edmunds.

I was begging for either Edmunds or James when they became available at our pick. In hindsight, give me Jaire and the extra 1st all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I was begging for either Edmunds or James when they became available at our pick. In hindsight, give me Jaire and the extra 1st all day long.

this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I could convince myself to take an ILB there but Edmunds looks like a stud, and not just for a rookie. Guy should be a pro bowler this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not sure I could convince myself to take an ILB there but Edmunds looks like a stud, and not just for a rookie. Guy should be a pro bowler this year.

You're breaking my heart.
Absolutely nothing against Alexander - but back when draft prospects were being bandied about and there seemed to be some consensus that either Davenport or Landry should/will be ours @ #14 - I went all Contrarian and offered up selecting Edmunds - even though it didnt seem likely he'd be around anymore. From what I could see the guy just looked like a player we could mold into a number of uses.

Well - it played out entirely differently - other than (it appears) Edmunds being a player.

 Be interesting to know how this season - and our future - would be play out minus Alex but with Edmunds. Say if we drafted Edmunds and plugged Breeland (or some other FA) in where Alexander is now????? (Okay, okay....no need to mention the other #1....I got that....just talking player talent here)

I wouldnt be having any night sweats about CMs future thats for certain and he and Martinez would give us a nice pair of second line defenders.

Oh well.....or as someone else once said: what is and what should never be.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I was begging for either Edmunds or James when they became available at our pick. In hindsight, give me Jaire and the extra 1st all day long.

I'm pretty much in this boat. I'm not sure you'd find a bigger Derwin James fan in here (or Ward) than me, but I have a hard time passing on Jaire plus the extra 1st. 

Edited by JBURGE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And our ILB is the weakest spot on this defense. Imagine how good we would be if we didn't routinely get killed off tackle?

This defense seriously misses flow to the ball linebackers. That's why everybody's so pissy about the outside guys.

To be fair, I doubt Jake Ryan would do much in this scheme where we expect our ILBs to scrape and fill on the EDGE when our EDGE guys crash down on off-tackle plays. Then again, the rest of our ILBs suck at doing it too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, packfanfb said:

To be fair, I doubt Jake Ryan would do much in this scheme where we expect our ILBs to scrape and fill on the EDGE when our EDGE guys crash down on off-tackle plays. Then again, the rest of our ILBs suck at doing it too....

I think Ryan would probably be the best of them at it. Minimally I wouldn't have to watch Burks routinely get worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×