Josh Jones & Montravius Adams?

TheOnlyThing

9 hours ago, SAM said:

Anybody else think the Pack should have drafted Derwin James when he dropped to #14 this past April?

It was a tough call. This roster had more holes than an 0-16 team going into the draft, especially on defense, and you can only plug so many of them. 

22 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm pretty much in this boat. I'm not sure you'd find a bigger Derwin James fan in here (or Ward) than me, but I have a hard time passing on Jaire plus the extra 1st. 

Oh I'm pretty sure that Anonymous guy likes James way more than you.

43 minutes ago, Kepler said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I'm pretty much in this boat. I'm not sure you'd find a bigger Derwin James fan in here (or Ward) than me, but I have a hard time passing on Jaire plus the extra 1st. 

Oh I'm pretty sure that Anonymous guy likes James way more than you.

Maybe he does. I had a meltdown when we traded back with him on the board. I was pumping his *** for months

Edited by JBURGE

On 10/17/2018 at 3:02 PM, packfanfb said:

It was a tough call. This roster had more holes than an 0-16 team going into the draft, especially on defense, and you can only plug so many of them. 

Little knee jerk saying 0-16. In the 2018 nfl landscape every team has holes. The Vikings ol is the worst in the nfl. The rams D outside their interior isn’t great. Philly isn’t great.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Josh Jones looked great on STs in LA.

Brice has been meh, HaHa is gone, and the safety position is obviously going to be reconfigured.

Does Josh start getting some snaps on defense in NE?

Kenny Clark was a beast and Mike Daniels balled out against the Rams, but they are playing a lot of, maybe too many, snaps since Wilkerson went down.

Montravious Adams got 5 snaps last week. 

No idea what is going on there.

10 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Thought Josh Jones looked great on STs in LA.

Brice has been meh, HaHa is gone, and the safety position is obviously going to be reconfigured.

Does Josh start getting some snaps on defense in NE?

Kenny Clark was a beast and Mike Daniels balled out against the Rams, but they are playing a lot of, maybe too many, snaps since Wilkerson went down.

Perhaps but not at safety per se. Whitehead/Williams will probably get more of HHCD's responsibilities while someone like Jones will fill in more for Whitehead in the dime linebacker role if Whitehead is doing something else. Still think Jones is last on the list of guys you go to as a "safety." I'd put him close to the LOS, and he could find a role as a blitzer on 3rd downs. 

Adams appears to be a lost cause....I know it's year 2, blah blah blah, but he must be really bad in that he can't even push Lowry for a few more reps. 

37 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

No maybe about it. Clark needs to be spelled more often. Adams needs to play more, needs to get quality reps. If he is any better than awful out there, he should be seeing like 5x the snaps he got vs the Rams. If he can't handle it then it's down to Lancaster to spell Clark. This over-usage will completely wear Clark out when (if) the Packers get towards the postseason. Kenny had 14 more snaps (63) than Daniels (49) - too much.

Lancaster was hustling on Sunday...He seems to have passed Adams by at this point - especially in the role of taking on OL and doubles. Apparently that's the struggle for Adams. He's got a great first step as a penetrator, but struggles to anchor vs the run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Perhaps but not at safety per se. Whitehead/Williams will probably get more of HHCD's responsibilities while someone like Jones will fill in more for Whitehead in the dime linebacker role if Whitehead is doing something else. Still think Jones is last on the list of guys you go to as a "safety." I'd put him close to the LOS, and he could find a role as a blitzer on 3rd downs. 

Adams appears to be a lost cause....I know it's year 2, blah blah blah, but he must be really bad in that he can't even push Lowry for a few more reps. 

I'm with you on that thought about Adams.  Like the pick, like the guy, don't like no production.  If we get anything out of him, I'll see that as a bonus.  But until then, I expect nothing anymore.

M. Adams is still a rookie, he lost his first season to injury and we all know that DL take time to make the leap to the NFL.
These guys all have a different trajectory and the more I read here, the happier I am that none of you have any role at 1265.
Patience is a virtue and far too many of you are without virtue....

The Packers staff pounded the table for this guy per the write ups, they aren't giving up on him anytime soon.
And that's a good thing in my view

• Like 1

I'd throw Jones right on Gronk to start out the game and see what happens. Gronk isn't agile or fast anymore, he's just a massive neanderthal with soft hands. Jones is big and thrives with physicality. He's also a punk like Gronk and will have no problem playing the trash talk game. 

May end poorly for us, but I think the chances are better for Jones than Whitehead, Burks or Brice.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd throw Jones right on Gronk to start out the game and see what happens. Gronk isn't agile or fast anymore, he's just a massive neanderthal with soft hands. Jones is big and thrives with physicality. He's also a punk like Gronk and will have no problem playing the trash talk game. 

May end poorly for us, but I think the chances are better for Jones than Whitehead, Burks or Brice.

Josh Jackson 

If my memory serves, he played pretty well vs. the Washington TE's, no?  

I think he can handle Gronk's physicality and he has the length to knock down a jump ball.