Josh Jones & Montravius Adams?

TheOnlyThing

Just now, cannondale said:

If you want to play the other end of the spectrum game - go ahead. I'm pretty sure most understand the simplicity and intention of my post

There are 31 other teams, ALL OF WHOM have a problem finding guys that are athletic enough to play and fundamentally sound.

That is literally the problem that every NFL team has.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There are 31 other teams, ALL OF WHOM have a problem finding guys that are athletic enough to play and fundamentally sound.

Since we look slower than every other team, I would say our problem is bigger than most

9 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Do you know what intellectual dishonesty is?

I do indeed.

It would certainly be Intellectually dishonest to contend that Packer fans who have observed their defense struggle year after year have been arguing that if only the players on those struggling defenses were replaced with "more athletic" players (irrespective of any intellectual deficiencies those more athletic players might possess) then the defense would automatically be just fine.

Good thing no one on this board is proffering that intellectually dishonest argument, right dude?

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

I do indeed.

It would certainly be Intellectually dishonest to contend that Packer fans who have observed their defense struggle year after year have been arguing that if only the players on those struggling defenses were replaced with "more athletic" players (irrespective of any intellectual deficiencies those more athletic players might possess) then the defense would automatically be just fine.

Good thing no one on this board is proffering that intellectually dishonest argument, right dude?

I remember those conversations taking place. And yes people were calling for more athletic players. The intellectual dishonesty from you was adding the word "unproductive" to my statement, when in fact I said no such thing. Adding other qualifiers to another's statement in order to prove it wrong or unjustified is precisely the definition of intellectual dishonesty.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If you want to play the other end of the spectrum game - go ahead. I'm pretty sure most understand the simplicity and intention of my post

These two are coaching staff strikes to me rather than FO strikes. Absolutely no reason Josh Jones shouldn't be a useful defensive player from what I saw in TC in both seasons. Adams similarly gifted, hands are so heavy. No reason he shouldn't be a rotational DL by now. We've failed miserably in developing these two.

43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You haven't even watched a game by every other team this year ?

Seriously ? I've watched every team we played, which is the best way to do an eye test comparison. All the brains in the world aren't helping the defense now.

Edited by cannondale

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

These two are coaching staff strikes to me rather than FO strikes. Absolutely no reason Josh Jones shouldn't be a useful defensive player from what I saw in TC in both seasons. Adams similarly gifted, hands are so heavy. No reason he shouldn't be a rotational DL by now. We've failed miserably in developing these two.

No need for such players when we have the Fackrell's and Ryan's using their brain power to propel us to victory

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

No need for such players when we have the Fackrell's and Ryan's using their brain power to propel us to victory

You mean athletic freaks like: K'Waun Williams, Adrian Colbert, and the corpse of Richard Sherman? Actual starters as opposed to the backups you pulled?

Also this feels like it's about to get racist.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You mean athletic freaks like: K'Waun Williams, Adrian Colbert, and the corpse of Richard Sherman? Actual starters as opposed to the backups you pulled?

Also this feels like it's about to get racist.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Exactly. There are stories every week about defenses getting faster and more athletic, but they are wrong and we are right by drafting guys perfect for the 70's because they are smart. Best of all - the track record of our defense proves you right 9_9

23 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Exactly. There are stories every week about defenses getting faster and more athletic, but they are wrong and we are right by drafting guys perfect for the 70's because they are smart. Best of all - the track record of our defense proves you right 9_9

You are with the point of this thread being: Athletic guys burn out by not being assignment sure?

Also, how's not having Jake Ryan in there at ILB working out for us so far this year?

• Like 2