Josh Jones & Montravius Adams?

TheOnlyThing

I really doubt they assign each defender a specific player to cover.  Alexander will probably follow Edelman most of the time, and I'd expect to see Jackson or Jones get most of the reps against Gronk, but it's going to change a lot because of Pettine's predilection for blitzing his DBs.  My guess is they're going to chip Gronk a lot at the line and try to rely on Alexander locking down Edelman and Gronk taking awhile to get upfield.

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

I really doubt they assign each defender a specific player to cover.  Alexander will probably follow Edelman most of the time, and I'd expect to see Jackson or Jones get most of the reps against Gronk, but it's going to change a lot because of Pettine's predilection for blitzing his DBs.  My guess is they're going to chip Gronk a lot at the line and try to rely on Alexander locking down Edelman and Gronk taking awhile to get upfield.

All things considered I'm most interested in our plan to cover James White. I'm not a big fan of Burks and Whitehead handling that.

Gronk is banged up to the point where I'm not terribly concerned about focusing on him, but yes chipping will keep him honest. 

On 10/16/2018 at 10:54 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Maybe Adams just isn't quite there strength wise after missing so much time with the foot injury?

As for Jones, what have we seen from him to suggest that he should be on the field? Some special teams penalties and getting beaten like a drum against second and third stringers in preseason.  The guy is a good athlete, but he isn't playing against Wake Forrest anymore.  When put in the same situations Brice, Whitehead, Greene, and Evans all played better than Jones.  A better question than why hasn't Jones played, is why did we cut Marwin Evans?

Another thought I had with Jones after the Tramon to safety news.  Was Jones maybe a piece tailored to the Dom Capers defense? With a different scheme emphasizing different things, maybe we just have a guy who just doesn't fit? Or maybe he is just bad.

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Another thought I had with Jones after the Tramon to safety news.  Was Jones maybe a piece tailored to the Dom Capers defense? With a different scheme emphasizing different things, maybe we just have a guy who just doesn't fit? Or maybe he is just bad.

Maybe both. I'm a bit surprised Pettine hasn't tried him at LB, but that's now Burks role I guess. Rouse, Richardson, and now Jones. Will be interesting if Gute continues to chase the next Chancellor or not. 

To me, Adams is the mystery. Haven't heard anything on his limited playing time, but obviously not a good sign if a guy like Lancaster can come in out of nowhere and get more snaps than him

Edited by cannondale

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I know pff isn’t the be all, but M Adams is graded a 30.6. That is can’t play bad. Either he is damaged goods, he doesn’t fill his assignment and freelances, or a combo of both

ZecrKuA.gif

He had 5 snaps and did this on one of them

Compare Clark vs Adams taking on the same double team. Not even close. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2018 at 8:09 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

Adams .. no anchor and no compete is no way to go thru life in the NFL.  No wonder he rarely sees the field .. just a complete liability.  Looks like he will wash out of the NFL quickly unless he gets stronger and tougher. 

Given that he could not get snaps ahead of JAGs like Lowry and Lancaster this season, unless he was playing with an undisclosed (and serious) injury all season, and it is hard to imagine Adams is anything other than a bust after 3 straight unproductive seasons since coming to GB as a 3rd round pick in 2017.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Given that he could not get snaps ahead of JAGs like Lowry and Lancaster this season, unless he was playing with an undisclosed (and serious) injury all season, and it is hard to imagine Adams is anything other than a bust after 3 straight unproductive seasons since coming to GB as a 3rd round pick in 2017.

Why did you bump a 14 month old thread?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

You've been asked multiple times to stop bumping old threads.  Since asking nicely hasn't worked, I'm issuing a warning for trolling.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You've been asked multiple times to stop bumping old threads.  Since asking nicely hasn't worked, I'm issuing a warning for trolling.

What does a warning actually do?  The guy literally brings up 12 things on repeat:

Ted Thompson
Mike McCarthy
ILB
Jimmy Graham
Montravius Adams
Josh Jones
Josh Jackson
Aaron Rodgers is great

So what good does a warning for trolling actually do when all he does is troll? 

That's like warning me for breathing.  "This is a warning for your incessant breathing."  Like, what, I'm going to stop breathing? 

Edited by Outpost31