Preseason Week 2: Colts @ Cowboys GDT

D82

2 hours ago, htfryar said:

I'm sure I am in the minority here, but I don't like Jaylon Smith having a signature celebration.  Yeah, I get it, he did it in high school and college.  This is the NFL though,  He hasn't earned the right to have a signature move at this level.  One good play in one preseason game does not earn you that.  Cool your jets rookie.  Shawne Merriman and his "lights out" dance say hi.  Make some plays in games that matter.  Earn your spot on the field.  Then, think about celebrating. 

I hear what you're saying and I'm more of a make the play and get on to the next play.  That being said Smith had such a long road to get to last night I'll cut him some slack.  It was an emotional moment for him and his teammates.  He needs work but I was ecstatic when he made that tackle.

2 hours ago, htfryar said:

I'm sure I am in the minority here, but I don't like Jaylon Smith having a signature celebration.  Yeah, I get it, he did it in high school and college.  This is the NFL though,  He hasn't earned the right to have a signature move at this level.  One good play in one preseason game does not earn you that.  Cool your jets rookie.  Shawne Merriman and his "lights out" dance say hi.  Make some plays in games that matter.  Earn your spot on the field.  Then, think about celebrating. 

He only does it on big plays normally right? It will get real annoying if it turns into the Roy Williams (WR) 'first down' he always did. But if its like the Ware sack ground smash, ill take it. I loved it when Ware did that. 

One of the concerns I have was something the broadcast team brought up last night.  A lot of our draft picks are missing playing time due to nagging injuries especially the dbs.  Our young guys in the secondary are going to get thrown into the deep end of the pool pretty quickly and they need all the reps they can get.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

He only does it on big plays normally right? It will get real annoying if it turns into the Roy Williams (WR) 'first down' he always did. But if its like the Ware sack ground smash, ill take it. I loved it when Ware did that. 

kinda like Zeke "eating" after every carry? That got annoying real quick. Big play? Cool. Tough play? Fine. Every play? No.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

kinda like Zeke "eating" after every carry? That got annoying real quick. Big play? Cool. Tough play? Fine. Every play? No.

I mean, he was averaging 5.9 yards per carry during a 96 carry 4 game stretch.  Lots of runs were big or tough. Had he been fed more in the Packers game we may have won.  I'm not the biggest fan of trade mark celebrations but I don't recall him calling for carry's after TFLs. He just had a lot of big runs.

20 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Yeah, HT, I think you need to take the L on this.

When so many are saying you will never play again. That moment? That moment was everything. Happy for the kid.

Take the L?  No. My bitterness spawned almost a page of discussion.  That is a W for the forum.  :D

Archived