GDT: The Dallas 90s Kidz @ The Washington 80s Kids

DaBoys

In the meantime this game has more meaning IMO to me because Dallas needs to show that they can actually have 2 good consistent games in a row. Did they somewhat turn the corner? Or will some of their ugly football return? Can JG and SL call another good game? Will they allow Dak to run again? Can our defense step up and become great??? who may emerge as a treat in my all important weapons category?

just some of my questions I have for today's game. 

Dak said they call QB runs inside the 20 but haven't been in between the 20s because the risk isn't worth it.

Well, losing should cause you to risk more.

Also, only few of the QB runs last week were "called." The majority of his runs were him pulling it down on a pass play and scrambling which is absolutely not what Dak has been doing. We saw a lot more of it last week.

So yes, the coaches need to get Dak running more, but Dak himself needs to continue to pull the ball down and run when he doesn't like his read. He needs to be more willing to do that and we saw it last week. Hopefully he continues his progress.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Dak said they call QB runs inside the 20 but haven't been in between the 20s because the risk isn't worth it.

Also, only few of the QB runs last week were "called." The majority of his runs were him pulling it down on a pass play and scrambling which is absolutely not what Dak has been doing. We saw a lot more of it last week.

So yes, the coaches need to get Dak running more, but Dak himself needs to continue to pull the ball down and run when he doesn't like his read. He needs to be more willing to do that and we saw it last week. Hopefully he continues his progress.

I think it's something that will come as he matures as a passer, and hopefully gets some better coaches around him. He's gotta have that confidence.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:21 AM, DaBoys said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2801583-dallas-cowboys-vs-washington-redskins-odds-analysis-nfl-betting-pick

"Dallas owns recent bragging rights in the rivalry with Washington, winning six of the last seven meetings straight up, including the last four in a row, going 5-2 against the spread in the process. "

I still haven't forgiven Dallas for the Santana Moss game.

The Redskins had finally given up hope.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I don't want the QB to constantly run the ball down the field in every game. Dak is a big guy, but so is Cam Newton and Cam has gotten rocked in his career several times. 

The coaches need to focus on helping Dak see the field better, because he's missed a ton of opportunities.

16 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I don't want the QB to constantly run the ball down the field in every game. Dak is a big guy, but so is Cam Newton and Cam has gotten rocked in his career several times. 

The coaches need to focus on helping Dak see the field better, because he's missed a ton of opportunities.

I disagree. I think we have been down the road of trying to make Dak something he's not.

It's simple. Do you want to win or not? 

If you're going to do it with Dak or Cam you have to run them. 

Archived