Nick Bosa Won't Return from Injury to Prepare for NFL Draft

ramssuperbowl99

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Easy/No brainer decision for him. It REALLY hurts the team, but I don't blame him and wish him the best. Cement that Top 5 pick status come next April man. 

It's the mathematically correct decision. Honestly he was good enough he never should have played this year at all.

Posted in the OSU thread but... 

Good for Bosa, bad for OSU. 

Anyone wise would do the same though. He has everything to lose, and absolutely nothing to gain by playing more games, even if physically capable of doing so. You could make the case that he's not living up to his commitments, which is a fair argument, but given the circumstances I hope that he'll receive more support than criticism. 

Will be interesting if this sparks a trend among high level college players who are all but guaranteed to be drafted. Given that college football is arguably exploitative of its players, I would not be surprised to see more players step away due to injury or otherwise, once they feel they have put enough tape on the table to secure draft interviews and combine invitations. 

Even if players sacrifice their scholarships, one or two semesters of college can be paid back with a few game checks at the NFL, even with the rookie pay scale. It's absolutely a gamble worth taking if you're already one of the most desired players in the country. Worst case scenario, you don't get drafted and you have student loans like most of the rest of the country. 

I hope the Earl Thomas situation is noticed by everyone. Teams will always act in their own best interest, and players should too; those interests are sometimes aligned, other times they're not. 

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

Interesting news for sure. I'm interested to see if this injury hurts his draft status. Guy is talented, but does losing this much playing time this yr. hurt his draft status?

No, it wasn’t a major surgery and the way he was playing this year just reflects what he has done the past two years. I would think he would move to LA and be with his brother. Doesn’t hurt his draft status one bit 

13 minutes ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

At the expense of his teammates.

It’s not like he suddenly stopped playing because he was worried about injury. He got injury and it resulted in him having surgery.

dude went into the season as a top5 pick and had nothing to prove. 

Heck on Twitter all his teammates are praising him. Gotta take care of yourself because the NCAA won’t. 

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s not like he suddenly stopped playing because he was worried about injury. He got injury and it resulted in him having surgery.

dude went into the season as a top5 pick and had nothing to prove. 

Heck on Twitter all his teammates are praising him. Gotta take care of yourself because the NCAA won’t. 

That's fine but he's full of **** if he ever claimed he was team first or any of that nonsense. What his teammates say in public is fine but if you think privately they dont think he's full of **** you're a fool

Archived