Raiders cut Derrick Johnson LB

49erurtaza

I had no idea he was our leading tackler. That's because he wasn't! He played less than 30% of the D snaps the last 3 weeks. Marquel Lee took his starting spot in the middle and i guess Morrow will see more playing time in the nickel now.

Age clearly hit him, but I would gladly take him back on a vet min deal just to help run and lead the defense. Hitchens and Ragland are struggling in decisiveness around play recognition and coverage responsibilities. DJ could help with that, even though it's not physically there for him anymore.

30 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Age clearly hit him, but I would gladly take him back on a vet min deal just to help run and lead the defense. Hitchens and Ragland are struggling in decisiveness around play recognition and coverage responsibilities. DJ could help with that, even though it's not physically there for him anymore.

You mention Reggie Ragland. A name I recognize as somebody the Packers may want to look at to help us out at the position. He was drafted in 2016 - but doesnt have any stats till 2017. What happened? He get hurt in training camp? Is he living up to pre draft hype? I recall he was a banger - but perhaps not so hot in pass coverage. Cant get a better pedigree than training in Alabama.

Archived