Week 7 GDT: Cin @ KC

onejayhawk

It's an early start on the GDT because there is news. OG Jeff Allen is returning to our OL. The former 2nd round pick had an up-and-down career with Houston. He started 26 games in two years but had injury issues. He was released in the off-season with an injury settlement. He has not played this season. Expect a strong player with good hands but limited mobility downfield. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/10/chiefs-sign-g-jeff-allen

Have I ever mentioned I like the draw strings in the cheer-uniform top?

184de2c41f6319b6257df2fa89b34895.jpg

12 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I was hanging out in the main thread.

Btw, Mahomes on pace for a little over 5000 yard and 50 TD. No Chiefs QB has ever had 3000 yards and 30 TDs.

There have only been about 100 such seasons in history. Over half have come in the last ten years. Alex Smith last season (26 TD, 3114 yds) and Matt Cassell in 2010  (27 TD, 4042 yds) are the closest we have had. The interesting one is averaging 300 yds and 2 TD,  ie 4800 yds and 32 TD. There have been 13 such seasons and Brees has seven of them.

Dawson had 30 TD and 2879 yards in 14 games, back when 3000 yards would lead the league. Dawson led the league with 21 TD in 1965. It was a different era.

J

Was in Bronco country for the weekend, so had to watch the game from the safety of my hotel room.

Definitely pleased. So excited to see DoD get some playing time, finally. I think he could be a big boost. Speaks has settled in. Lucas looks to be our best S. Might all add up to some things turning around for the defense. Not going to be good, but okay is enough with this O.

And man, it was really satisfying to see Hunt and a handful of the guys on offense just humiliate Burfict on a handful of plays. Fisher and Kelce had some good hits on him. Hunt stiff armed him to the ground a couple times. Couldn't have happened to a better target.

Archived