Week 7: Houston Texans (3-3) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3) - Time to Rebound

Adrenaline_Flux

Another game i just switched over to something else by half.  It's just not good football to watch, it's not fun, it's not entertaining.  It's frustrating and stupid.  This was a tailor-made game to bounce back and get out of this funk for the team...and instead, they just crumbled even further.

The offense is a complete joke.  The defense looks like they've mostly given up if the offense isn't going to show up to play.  Even our superstar Jalen is looking like a complete chump right now after his constant running of his mouth, only to get burned on the field.  It's just all coming completely unraveled...and we've got ******* Cody Kessler taking snaps in a game, in a season that should've had championship aspirations with all the talent on this defense.

12 hours ago, pwny said:

This won’t be better next year either. 

How are they gonna find a OC, DC, QB, #1 and #2 WR, RT, and depth across the team this offseason?

Plus a DT, probably a replacement for CC’s production, and whatever holes come up.

This is the most bleak part of it all.

They wagered this entire season of our "elite defense" on Blake Bortles arm, and more or less an identical team...with a few downgrades to depth.  They brought back the same absurdly healthy team from last year and expected to do as well, or even better somehow???  It's madness.

They felt so confident in that plan that they started spending premium picks on guys to help the team a year or two from now.  That they sat around on a bunch of spare cap-space that they were apparently saving for a year or two from now.  That they didn't come up with a backup plan for either the most important position (QB), or the "focal point" of our entire offense (power RB).

This was the season to go "all in" and try to make a big run.  You've got momentum.  You've got lots of key players on great rookie deal value.  You've got aging vets who probably only have a good year or two left to give at most, and you're going to have serious cap casualties in a year or two no matter what you do.  This was the year to go for it.  But they essentially punted...and said, "let's try last year's group again and see if they can replicate anomalous health and productivity".

So now they've still got a million pressing needs on their plates for next year, in addition to starting to figure out long-term cap viability mess.

Literally need almost an entire starting offense outside of our Interior-3 OL, and maybe one of our Tackles, and a #1RB if Fournette can get healthy.  That's hilarious and brutal.  And the defense is going to have to see some really significant turnover next season to make it all fit under the cap, and compensate for guys continuing to get older as well.

It's just...really bad.  I liked that this team and all those abysmal years of "clearing the decks" and "draft and develop" had seemed like they were finally starting to come good and put us into a position to make a big run for a little window of contention here.  Teams built around an "elite defense" and a "power RB" do not have big windows.  They get old fast.  But so far as i can tell...they've mostly squandered an entire prime year of that short window on whatever disgusting project this season has been.

54 minutes ago, pwny said:

That's, moderately confusing...in light of the other tweet below listing snaps from yesterday's catastrophe.  The locker room is brawling over a guy taking over 11 snaps?

In any case...if that's true...whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what a 1st round pick that was.  Certainly nothing else of value we could've used at that pick instead.  That much is certain.

Bryan has been meh but he's far from the problem.  Who's snap is he taking?  Fowler? He rotated in to spell Yann last season.  Calais?  They are easing him because of injury.  Smoot? Pft.

So not really sure what's the big argument there. Unless his film is actually even worse than his play (wrong assignments, not doing what he's supposed to,  etc...)

Can someone help me out? I spent about 6 hours in the hospital with my pregnant wife on Sunday(she's doing fine, but wasn't then) so I missed the whole game and therefore the rage that ensues afterwards

Why was Bortles benched? Bad throws? Missing open receivers?

Was the defense just exhausted from being on the field too much?(albeit they only gave up 20)

Why did Lamar Miller have a good game when he isn't that good?

How come we didn't destroy their OL?

How did our OL look?

What the heck happened?

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Can someone help me out? I spent about 6 hours in the hospital with my pregnant wife on Sunday(she's doing fine, but wasn't then) so I missed the whole game and therefore the rage that ensues afterwards

Why was Bortles benched? Bad throws? Missing open receivers? fumbled twice. receivers may have been open, but they were dropping. he fumbled when he was trying to make plays since nobody was open.

Was the defense just exhausted from being on the field too much?(albeit they only gave up 20) I personally think people are overreacting to how they did Sunday. Most are just upset they weren't as dominant as they have shown to be. All things considered, they did fine.

Why did Lamar Miller have a good game when he isn't that good? He was running well, but that's part of why people were upset with the defense.

How come we didn't destroy their OL? Watson was mobile. There was a lot of pressure, but just couldn't get home.

How did our OL look? not good for the most part.

What the heck happened? we played worse than the Texans

Archived