GDT Week 7: Baltimore Ravens vs New Orleans Saints

DreamKid

This loss doesn’t make me feel too bad. There was a musical chairs along the OL (same with the Saints), we had very windy conditions (which killed our offense last season), we held the Saints offense to ten points less than normal... without one of our top corners. And it took Tucker being uncharacteristic for us to lose to one of the best teams in the NFL.

This wasn’t a game where we were outmatched or outcoached. If anything one could say this is a game where we were beat for being too balanced and not aggressive enough. We go for the 2pt conversion and maybe things are looking much different.

But Flacco was clutch when we needed him to be. I’ll take it. Even if I don’t like it.

1 minute ago, Danand said:

Again, I would have hoped we  had the killer instinct to go for 2 at that moment. We had momentum, Lamar just needs to aim for the pylon and we are good.

Yeah, I know it's hindsight but that's my preferred play in this situation too. I want no part of (potentially) trying to keep Brees contained in overtime. 

And because it needs to be said: Pay John Brown.

15 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I guess God wanted Brees to get his 32 sweep. The only entity more reliable than Tucker.

On the real though, if ever their was a game to make me believe in a “football god” legit being real, it would be this one. The way Tucker kicks it and how it just looked like it got blasted to the right by a Kamehahmehah microve beam did not even look real.

Whatever architect that drew up plans for the new stadium “enhancements” needs to be blamed for this loss. He also needs to be found and beaten thoroughly. Unless it’s Ted Mosby. I’d be willing to give him a pass as long as he agrees to trade Maria Hill to Ravens fandom. And she agrees to sign a no lifetime extension for her services. These are my terms.

Some quick hits-

1. We needed Hurst and Andrews downfield earlier in the game, and just more targets downfield in general. 

2. Marty isn't consistently aggressive, and in a league where you have to put up points....it's costing us. We don't have the Offensive line to force the run and he's constantly trying to. The Saints D ended up with too many easy outs on key drives. His depth concepts with routes still leaves a ton to be desired as well.  

3. Wink was afraid of the Saints running game. Timmy was held out all game, despite blowing up the run on one of his few snaps. The Saints got to go against fronts with Pierce, Williams, Wormley, Urban, and at times only one OLB. That's not ideal if you're trying to get Brees on the ground, who already can get the ball out in like 1 second. 

4. Tough loss but one it's hard to be angry about. Lol you can tell the crowd is full of fans eager but also cautious. People are still trying to figure out just what this team is, or rather just how different it is. I guess the jury is still out somewhat, but it's clear the team isn't ascending into some feared Top 5 Elite territory anytime soon. Once again, we'll need to step it up when it counts.

5. On to the Panthers. I think we see a big rebound game on the road. Which will set up possibly the last ever meeting with that fat creep who plays quarterback for the steelers. Spoiler alert, we destroy him. Again, this Saints loss was tough but they were equipped to beat us maybe more than any other team in the league. I'm not sweating the rest of our run here. The Chiefs are the only biggie hanging out there. 

9 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

What I learned today is we ain't going to be winning any tight, one possession games this year. Forget about it. Blowouts only. We don't have that clutch factor anymore.

Because our offense marched down the field and Tucker missed a kick that he hasn’t missed in 233 tries prior, the offense isn’t clutch?

Whats more the Saints, when not going for it on 4th down (like our defense forced them to do ALL game long) we forced them to a field goal.

Against a less aggressive coach, our defense has a much better showing statistically. The Saints converted like five 4th Downs and that led to scores. So that was the difference.

My only gripe against the defense is that throughout the entire game when we had someone stopped on 3rd down, we couldn't make the tackle and they got another 3-4 yards, allowing them to go for it in a completely manageable situation. That's about it, though.

Other than that, I'm just floored by this game. To lose like that is just a sucker punch. Zeus played well, though too. And we just need to get John Brown teh damn ball in space, man. Dude is electric. Scheme these guys open and watch them run.

Archived