GDT Week 7: Baltimore Ravens vs New Orleans Saints

DreamKid

Both of our starting guards are injured. One is out for Sunday and the other is questionable. Drew was already going to have a long day with them in the game... I don't even want to think about the pressure he will be dealing with now.

1 hour ago, JMG5 said:

Both of our starting guards are injured. One is out for Sunday and the other is questionable. Drew was already going to have a long day with them in the game... I don't even want to think about the pressure he will be dealing with now.

Well. We don't have any Elite interior pass rushers, so I wouldn't call it crippling. Where it can get difficult is second string lineman dealing with all the different looks the Ravens will give with their front. The Ravens do have Elite strength in their DIs though, if your interior can't anchor then any of Michael Pierce, Brandon Williams, or Brent Urban can bench press them into Drew's lap. 

I hope both squads are as healthy as possible. It should be a great game. 

Such a great game. Flacco's TD pass to Rice in this game is one of my all time favorite throws from Joe. The RR nostalgia is real. Dude was such a beast and he was "Our" running back. Thoughts about his personal life and decision making aside. Rice meshed perfectly with this team. Still remember him throwing that football at Bart Scott and calling for the fade, back when the Jets and Ryan were trying so hard to be our "Rivals". One of the most Raveny Ravens there ever was. Hopefully Collins drops a memorable performance of his own on Sunday.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Such a great game. Flacco's TD pass to Rice in this game is one of my all time favorite throws from Joe. The RR nostalgia is real. Dude was such a beast and he was "Our" running back. Thoughts about his personal life and decision making aside. Rice meshed perfectly with this team. Still remember him throwing that football at Bart Scott and calling for the fade, back when the Jets and Ryan were trying so hard to be our "Rivals". One of the most Raveny Ravens there ever was. Hopefully Collins drops a memorable performance of his own on Sunday.

Forgot all about that game. Agree completely. Ray Rice was IMO the best running back in Ravens history and the only reason Jamal Lewis is considered ahead of him is a) first Super Bowl and b) Atlantic City ending.

But time heals all wounds and with the redemption arc and Rice still with the same girl, I’ll be interested in seeing those history considerations rewritten.

In terms of this game, I think Crabtree is going to be the key on offense. When he is making plays and playing well this offense becomes very dangerous.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

But time heals all wounds and with the redemption arc and Rice still with the same girl, I’ll be interested in seeing those history considerations rewritten.

What redemption arc?  

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

In terms of this game, I think Crabtree is going to be the key on offense. When he is making plays and playing well this offense becomes very dangerous.

In the end the Rice situation was not put in the proper light by the media, because they didn't actually care about the people involved. It was a glimpse into a very low/anomalous moment of a dysfunctional relationship, where both parties still truly cared about one another. People unfamiliar with the kind of effects a non ideal upbringing can have on the "terms & rules" one ascribes to relationships- even with people they love, were quick to cast judgement and sentence. Thankfully, Ray took full responsibility for his actions but also took steps to better himself. The counseling he went through, and I'm sure still goes through, alone and with his wife has built a great & healthy foundation for them and their child. That's the best outcome you could hope for and one you rarely get with incidents like that. Now he does a great service by speaking with and mentoring players/youth on the errors of his ways, and the steps needed to get your mentality, relationships, and life on the right path. I'm proud of Ray. A clean guy like Ed Reed can have a big impact on young players, but in many ways a guy like Ray Rice is a voice they need most of all. I hope Harbaugh and the Front Office continues to have him speak with our Rookie and Veteran players. I really believe in the effect it has. Especially for guys that have had a few speed bumps in their past like Peanut, Tim Williams, etc. 

If Lattimore follows Crabtree then I could see things getting a little difficult, but he should still be carrying that chip from the Browns game into this one. Him being on makes it so much easier for us to control the clock and put together those super long drives. Hopefully Hayden is finally unleashed in this game too, because he can carry that same effect. I don't think we need to hunt some game breaking play in fear of trying to keep pace with the Saints. Spread the ball around and the TDs will come.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

What redemption arc?  

@DreamKid hits it with speaking out on DV and such, but the recent interviews. I know one is upcoming. The news that the Ravens are looking to add Rice to their 2019 staff once DeCosta takes over.

He was never going to recover from this overnight, but as his story changes, his career value can be rewritten to include the accuracy of his greatness.

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

@DreamKid hits it with speaking out on DV and such, but the recent interviews. I know one is upcoming. The news that the Ravens are looking to add Rice to their 2019 staff once DeCosta takes over.

He was never going to recover from this overnight, but as his story changes, his career value can be rewritten to include the accuracy of his greatness.

Without getting too much into the specifics of Rice himself, one thing that bothered me about that episode was fans/public ratcheting up their insistence that the NFL be the primary arbiter of justice for these things. Honestly, your first thought shouldn’t be, “what’s the NFL going to do about this?” If one wanted Rice to be punished, they should have first been contemplating NJ laws and considering how it was handled there. NFL definitely brought it on themselves in some ways, but fans/public certainly aren’t blameless. End rant. 

4 hours ago, Dome said:

I know Saints fans aren’t feeling too good about this game. Breesy could really struggle tomorrow. At least we’re mostly healthy on the defensive side of the ball. 

Good luck tomorrow fellas 

I think both fanbases are resigned to the fact that this game could easily go either way, well all games could, but this one in particular isn’t one to fill too confident in either way. It’s going to be a good game though. If anything I’m anticipating it to be similar to the game in the highlight above. A seesaw of a battle that ends with a field goal margin of victory.

Keys to win the game.

1. Get the offense on the field first and score and let Brees play from behind

2. D/ST have to have a strong game

3. Don't get buried deep early

Watching the Titans against the Chargers and this is exactly how I fear the game tonight will go (obviously us being the Titans)

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I almost wonder though if we force Brees to throw deep outside in the Maryland weather instead of letting him dink and dunk us all game long. Brees doesn't have the strongest arm or strongest track record outdoors.

I also wonder what strategi Wink applies. A contain rush and try to force the turnover by getting push up the middle with 4, or the organized chaos we saw against the Titans.

Archived