vike daddy

2017 Special Teams Watch

Sherels and Forbath are very solid players. I wouldn't mind us bringing in some competition for them, but I'm glad they're on the team. 

Forbath was solid for the Vikings last year, but there’s a number of kickers set to hit free agency that I’d try to sign over him. 

Graham Gano would by #1 with a bullet on my list, but I think a more realistic option would be Caleb Strugis if his hip checks out. Sturgis was getting better every year and looking good before the injury, and with the emergence of Elliott in Philadelphia it’s unliket he’ll be back.

Other options that id look at over Forbath are Dustin Hopkins, Ryan Succop, and it will be interesting to see what the Steelers do with RFA Chris Boswell. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Forbath was solid for the Vikings last year, but there’s a number of kickers set to hit free agency that I’d try to sign over him. 

Graham Gano would by #1 with a bullet on my list, but I think a more realistic option would be Caleb Strugis if his hip checks out. Sturgis was getting better every year and looking good before the injury, and with the emergence of Elliott in Philadelphia it’s unliket he’ll be back.

Other options that id look at over Forbath are Dustin Hopkins, Ryan Succop, and it will be interesting to see what the Steelers do with RFA Chris Boswell. 

I would take Forbath over most of them

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

bring back Kluwe. he and Zimmer would be a hoot.

Bring back a career punter as a kicker?

Just now, Klomp said:

Bring back a career punter as a kicker?

you're way too literal.

bring Kluwe back as an assistant coach under Priefer.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

bring Kluwe back as an assistant coach under Priefer.

Do you remember how it ended?

53 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I believe that's the joke that VD is making.

Just making sure....