Week 7 GDT - Titans @? Chargers

dtait93

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeap and to be honest, I don't know if Davis is ready to be the man yet. So a good Vet that can be the primary target with Davis being an 1A and then Walker and Sharpe. That is an 100% more dependable offense. 

Right it’s very rare that a #1 WR becomes elite without being a understudy to a already stud WR, EX- T.O Jerry Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin. Calvin Johnson-Roy Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Rhowdy white. I can keep going but Davis I believe will be fine he’s more handicapped by QB play. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Right it’s very rare that a #1 WR becomes elite without being a understudy to a already stud WR, EX- T.O Jerry Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin. Calvin Johnson-Roy Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Rhowdy white. I can keep going but Davis I believe will be fine he’s more handicapped by QB play. 

I disagree about the QB play. His drop looked like he wasn't even expecting the ball to come his way. But a good Vet would help him know to run every route like he is getting the ball, especially if he going to be the Big Dog.

Don't know who that WR would be to help him, especially at this stage.  He needed to already be on the roster. Maybe Walker could be that voice. 

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I disagree about the QB play. His drop looked like he wasn't even expecting the ball to come his way. But a good Vet would help him know to run every route like he is getting the ball, especially if he going to be the Big Dog.

Don't know who that WR would be to help him, especially at this stage.  He needed to already be on the roster. Maybe Walker could be that voice. 

Every receiver drops the ball it happens, Julio drop a game winning TD last yr, Larry Fitzgerald drop 2 passes the other week it’s frustrating but it happens, he does need a vet WR to help him sharp his skills but he’s also a victim of bad QB play. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

If you need a vet to do that, that means you have a bad WR coach. 

That's literally the job description of a position coach.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’m stunned by how competent Sharpe has been. I was so down on him. Not that I’m comfortable with him as the second best receiver on the team, but I really should’ve listened to @ragevsuall17.

and Chocolateman78 haha...

This is what I thought sharpe could be, the chain moving possession guy. But his performance today even surpassed my expectations. Of course today might be an outlier, but I think part of why J Rob was willing to let Mathews go is because he thought Sharpe was ready to take that role. I still don't agree with releasing Mathews, but at least today Sharpe looked like the best of 2016-2017 Rishard Mathews. Marcus needs a WR who can be fearless and reliable across the middle of the field like Walker and Mathews have been. 

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but something I think deserves attention is that Matt Lefluer has only called 7 offensive games. I think his learning curve is showing as much as Mariotas or the WR. I think a lot of us assumed, given his pedigree, that Matt Lefluer would come out the box facilitating the offense the way Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay have. The truth is that he's struggling a bit to handle the RB rotation and make that classic zbs running scheme work. I also think his inexperience as a playcaller is contributing to Mariota's inability to get into a rhythm. I think its apparent that Marcus has lost faith in certain guys in the offense, but i wonder if Lefluer has lost some trust as well. Now i still believe Lefluer is a promising OC, and the work he does this bye week will be critical to us making any noise in the second half. 

4 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but something I think deserves attention is that Matt Lefluer has only called 7 offensive games. I think his learning curve is showing as much as Mariotas or the WR. I think a lot of us assumed, given his pedigree, that Matt Lefluer would come out the box facilitating the offense the way Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay have. The truth is that he's struggling a bit to handle the RB rotation and make that classic zbs running scheme work. I also think his inexperience as a playcaller is contributing to Mariota's inability to get into a rhythm. I think its apparent that Marcus has lost faith in certain guys in the offense, but i wonder if Lefluer has lost some trust as well. Now i still believe Lefluer is a promising OC, and the work he does this bye week will be critical to us making any noise in the second half. 

That makes sense 

4 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

That makes sense 

How did Levine play in place of Spain? Think he was key in getting the run game going?

Looking at the box score it looks like Henry was ineffective again and after subtracting Marcus’ run and Lewis’ long scamper we averaged 3.46 ypc which believe it or not is better than what we’ve been doing.

Edit: And I believe the Chargers had the 11th ranked rushing defense going in to the game. Would have to dig for that to verify it.

I'd have to watch the play again, but that still looks like it would have been close if Marcus threw the ball right then and there. 

It is what it is though, they had two shots to score and they failed. It's sad that we legitimately need an upgrade at every position on offense except OT and maybe QB depending on where you stand with Marcus. 

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

How did Levine play in place of Spain? Think he was key in getting the run game going?

Looking at the box score it looks like Henry was ineffective again and after subtracting Marcus’ run and Lewis’ long scamper we averaged 3.46 ypc which believe it or not is better than what we’ve been doing.

Edit: And I believe the Chargers had the 11th ranked rushing defense going in to the game. Would have to dig for that to verify it.

The few times I noticed Levine, he was getting abused in the backfield... it was pretty bad... but that's the life of an O-linemen I guess... it's mostly a bad thing to get noticed. 

Lewis' yardage total came from a couple of awesome individual effort type plays from him...  it wasn't just that run on the last drive... there was another play earlier where he bounced off/spun off a tackle to get another chunk of yards.  That was very impressive after contact stuff from Lewis.  I think at this point he needs to be our clear 1, with Henry going back to that relief role.  Although there was one run from Henry... I know a couple of of us noticed it during the GDT... HEnry hit a hole at full speed, and plowed for about 6-7 yards... where there wasn't much there... he just took the handoff and hit it... no dancing, no waiting... it was saliva-inducing.  If he could do that with regularity, he'd be the RB we wouldn't be worried about giving on goal line situations (like that 2 pointer)...

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The few times I noticed Levine, he was getting abused in the backfield... it was pretty bad... but that's the life of an O-linemen I guess... it's mostly a bad thing to get noticed. 

Lewis' yardage total came from a couple of awesome individual effort type plays from him...  it wasn't just that run on the last drive... there was another play earlier where he bounced off/spun off a tackle to get another chunk of yards.  That was very impressive after contact stuff from Lewis.  I think at this point he needs to be our clear 1, with Henry going back to that relief role.  Although there was one run from Henry... I know a couple of of us noticed it during the GDT... HEnry hit a hole at full speed, and plowed for about 6-7 yards... where there wasn't much there... he just took the handoff and hit it... no dancing, no waiting... it was saliva-inducing.  If he could do that with regularity, he'd be the RB we wouldn't be worried about giving on goal line situations (like that 2 pointer)...

Gotcha.

Yeah I really wish he’d just Earl Campbell some people when there’s nothing there...I remember seeing one highlight specifically against the Rams where a LB had the gap covered and instead of being hesitant he just trucked him. But he just doesn’t have that mentality. Guess that’s the difference between a HoFer and Derrick Henry though.

Archived