Week 7 No Peterman Thank God!

soflbillsfan

Well the bills just announced Derek Anderson will be the start this week. As the way things have been going it seems like the Bills will ride with the defense and hope that Anderson manages the clock well. I think the season could turn out to be like Marrone with Orton a few years back. If all goes well that is but it will be interesting to see this weekend.

The Orton/Marrone comparison is spot on IMO. 

I was thinking the same thing Sunday night. This defense could be even better then the 2014 one and if we can get Shady going...we have a chance. I don't think Anderson is going to have some Fitzmagic spree right now, but there is no reason he can't provide a better passing attack then what Tyrod did last year. 

As for Sunday,

Bills 27

Colts 9.

Bills defense has 2 sacks, 4 INT including a Tre White pick 6.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Orton/Marrone comparison is spot on IMO. 

I was thinking the same thing Sunday night. This defense could be even better then the 2014 one and if we can get Shady going...we have a chance. I don't think Anderson is going to have some Fitzmagic spree right now, but there is no reason he can't provide a better passing attack then what Tyrod did last year. 

As for Sunday,

Bills 27

Colts 9.

Bills defense has 2 sacks, 4 INT including a Tre White pick 6.

You in Canada smoking that legal? Because i want some after this pot lol

Anyone think he could have a 2013 Josh McCown type of partial season that he had with Chicago?? I believe he threw something like 15 TD and only 1 INT across a handful of games as a QB in his mid 30's (at the time). By no means am I expecting anything spectacular here. Manage the game well, limit turnovers. Maybe give KB a jump start since they have a little bit of history together and he's been terrible up to this point. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Clay/Croom get involved a little more now. TE's and check downs to the RB are a nice security blanket for QB's coming to new places.

Anything is better than Nathan Peterman - should've been cut before this year, terrible decision to go into the season with Peterman as the only replacement.

I have faith in this front office to identify and build a defense but they haven't shown anything on being able to build offensive players.

So crazy to think about that we had Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Marquis Goodwin and Chris Hogan all on the same offense. Just 2 of those guys + Shady and a healthy Allen would've been awesome.

8 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Anything is better than Nathan Peterman - should've been cut before this year, terrible decision to go into the season with Peterman as the only replacement.

I have faith in this front office to identify and build a defense but they haven't shown anything on being able to build offensive players.

So crazy to think about that we had Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Marquis Goodwin and Chris Hogan all on the same offense. Just 2 of those guys + Shady and a healthy Allen would've been awesome.

All those guys except Watkins were gone before Beane stepped in. Whaley was a huge issue throwing random contracts at people and missing big on players in free agency and draft on top of retaining the correct people. beane is trying to correct all his mistakes. When you have a coach that is heavy minded on a side of the ball such as the defense you tend to focus on building that up 1st and then focus on the other side. With 90+ mil in cap space I think beane has the right to show people what he can do. If he blows it then people can start judging Beane for his incapabilities. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

All those guys except Watkins were gone before Beane stepped in. Whaley was a huge issue throwing random contracts at people and missing big on players in free agency and draft on top of retaining the correct people. beane is trying to correct all his mistakes. When you have a coach that is heavy minded on a side of the ball such as the defense you tend to focus on building that up 1st and then focus on the other side. With 90+ mil in cap space I think beane has the right to show people what he can do. If he blows it then people can start judging Beane for his incapabilities. 

I think Woods, Goodwin were UFA that year right? I'm sure he could've thrown money at them but yeah I get what you're saying.

But the Kelvin Benjamin trade was horrible and his offensive draft picks have been below average. I'll wait to see what he does this offense with all that money.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

I think Woods, Goodwin were UFA that year right? I'm sure he could've thrown money at them but yeah I get what you're saying.

But the Kelvin Benjamin trade was horrible and his offensive draft picks have been below average. I'll wait to see what he does this offense with all that money.

Beane came in after the draft those guys already signed on to new teams while Whaley was still GM. Kelvin Benjamin is a massive target and was a solid WR in college and his first couple of years with Carolina, his injury slowed him down and then some how picked up an attitude or diva mentality since coming to Buffalo. He has yet to give his 100% if he did then he would be an ideal #1 wr but he is just coasting by at this time probably because he doesnt want to be in Buffalo. As for the offensive options he has yet to have any true funds to lure some in to buffalo as of yet. Hopefully he proves doubters wrong and comes out firing during 2019 offseason.

13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think Anderson will put up great stats this week... But that will be more because Colts defense is crap.

250 yds 1 td would be my guess and that is best case scenario for him imo. The one thing going his way is he may have some chemistry built with Kbenji when they played in Carolina but outside of that he has had 12 days to learn the play book and be in football shape. The bills defense will need to carry this team like it has been all year. If Luck gets rattled early then the bills should have a fighting chance.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

250 yds 1 td would be my guess and that is best case scenario for him imo. The one thing going his way is he may have some chemistry built with Kbenji when they played in Carolina but outside of that he has had 12 days to learn the play book and be in football shape. The bills defense will need to carry this team like it has been all year. If Luck gets rattled early then the bills should have a fighting chance.

Colts D is pure garbage, but agree that with just 12 days to read a playbook and less than that on the field working with the rest of the offense, he's not likely to rock it. I wouldn't count on him hitting 200 yds. passing TBH. If our D can't get pressure, that offense is capable of shredding us. I'm guessing this game isn't going to be any walk in the park...especially since it's an away game.

I'm excited to see Cam Phillips. Always thought he could be a Stevie Johnson type. Not tall, not fast but find ways to get open. Besides Reilly... Cam Phillips was the other receiver I thought could be a surprise. I think he brings more to the team than Foster ever did.

Archived