Roster Building

Texas_OutLaw7

So, I don't think enough good things have been said about the job that Will & Red have done building this team roster.

We (the fans) have been exceedingly critical of several moves.

• LVE was considered a Reach. A luxury. An Error - he leads the team in tackling and is our surest tackler. Smith-LVE looks the part for the future.
  • The most accurate FG kicker in league was cut in favor of some no-name. Bailey has been suspect, Maher has made 15 in a row - best in the NFL.
  • C. Williams and J. Looney being over matched. Credit where credit is due, they have held their own against some fantastic talent. As another poster pointed out, Williams heavily frustrated Seattle.
  • Moving Jones to CB - this was solely a Kris move. Adding him to the staff has been a fantastic addition.
  • Hot Boyz are a bunch of casts-offs who are doing great.

You compound this with Cutting Dez - which while I disagree with - absolutely took some balls.

Some roster moves are insane and in hindsight the right move.

They also tried to add Earl Thomas and Sammy Watkins. So they did try to get the best safety and a Dez replacement. If we are keeping DAK then I think we do need to upgrade the TE spot with a wide area pass catcher. Now could that be RICO??? Play him more to find out. Gallup has shows signs of Dez like catches. He needs to be more consistent. Thompson seems OK. Hurns and Dez def. not on the same pages. It explains Hurns frustration because he IS OPEN( Coach film on NFL GAME PASS ). Are we going to use BUTLER or not? 

They aren't perfect...but there definitely has been some positive additions and changes to this franchise and roster during recent years which have seen Stephen, Will and Garrett take a larger share of the responsibilities when it comes to roster/drafting decisions. 

Definitely some room for improvement...and I'm still in the camp that if this season falters Garrett needs to be shown the door...but have to give them credit.

20 minutes ago, atran35 said:

They also tried to add Earl Thomas and Sammy Watkins. So they did try to get the best safety and a Dez replacement. If we are keeping DAK then I think we do need to upgrade the TE spot with a wide area pass catcher. Now could that be RICO??? Play him more to find out. Gallup has shows signs of Dez like catches. He needs to be more consistent. Thompson seems OK. Hurns and Dez def. not on the same pages. It explains Hurns frustration because he IS OPEN( Coach film on NFL GAME PASS ). Are we going to use BUTLER or not? 

Gallup not being able to get his foot down sure did feel like Dez letting his pinky touch the white line, tbh

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Honestly does anyone really know how much imput JG has had on drafts picks??

But Dallas has been drafting better overall. 

There's someone JG pounded the table for here recently that some people were torn about...I can't think of who though

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Honestly does anyone really know how much imput JG has had on drafts picks??

But Dallas has been drafting better overall. 

I do. Its a lot. Its why I am happy to have him as coach. He is one of the better drafting coaches in the NFL. 

He obvi doesnt do it alone, but he has heavy input. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I thought Will McClay ran the drafts? Sure JG has input on what we need but JG isn't scouting college guys right now. 

So, I don't think enough good things have been said about the job that Will & Red have done building this team roster.

Archived