Week 7 MNF: New York Giants @ Atlanta Falcons

Acgott

On 10/17/2018 at 3:33 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Just would like to say, John Mara shut the heck up.

I have no problem with what he said. So far Saquon is showing more leadership on the field and on the side lines than Odell. If the Giants don't draft a first round QB next year, it will be Saquon that is the face of the franchise not Odell if things continue as they are.

On 19/10/2018 at 12:40 AM, Go_Giants said:

I have no problem with what he said. So far Saquon is showing more leadership on the field and on the side lines than Odell. If the Giants don't draft a first round QB next year, it will be Saquon that is the face of the franchise not Odell if things continue as they are.

I do for a few reasons. One, he said Odell should be making more headlines on the field than if it and more playing than talking.  Well when your QB is gun shy and your o-line can’t block for 5-step and 7 step drops kinda hard for a dependent upon those things to do what you hope of him. Secondly he’s just being a hypocrite, because by saying what he said he’s making more headlines and takes attention from us being 1-5. 

Omameh is going to be benched. Greco will take over at RG and Spencer Pulley will take over at C. Really appreciate Shurmur and co recognizing the problem and actively taking game day steps towards fixing it. Omameh and Flowers, our 2 worst opening day linemen, have since been removed from the lineup. 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, Giants4eva said:

Why ?

Because our pass rush is terrible. We might be okay against the run but that doesn’t really concern me. In Betcher’s D you need a D-Lineman who can actually create pressure. I’m all for having the best run defending 3 man front (Even though we let Alvin Kamara run for 164 yards) in the league. But we need to get better rushing the passer. Also Oliver is the best player in this draft and it isn’t as close as the Bosa-boys will tell you. Also the talks are Herbert’s coaches said he’s probably returning to school. In fact. They would be shocked if he didn’t take the Andrew Luck route. 

I also don’t get the infatuation with Jones. He’s Paxton Lunch 2.0, and if you actually watch him play, you’ll see it. It doesn’t matter to me who his coaches are, if he can’t throw receivers open or read defenses, then he won’t start in this league. 

Drew Lock is a Jake Locker clone, and he never shows up against good competition. 

Ryan Finley might be the most ready QB prospect and he’s only comparable to Dalton, maybe a less turnover happy Romo, in my eyes. 

Haskins honestly is going to be see a Mitchell Trubisky-esque rise, because he’s shown more in his small sample size as a starter than the others to say, “Hey, he’ll win me some games.” 

WE LITERALLY HAVE A PROBLEM EVERYWHERE ON THIS TEAM. 

We aren’t a QB away from competing, so why would we rush the process by picking a bad QB in a draft that is stacked with talent everywhere else. 

Archived