How good is this Ravens Defense?

CP3MVP

we're truly going to find out this week vs saints. aside from half a game on the road on short week against cincy it's looked dominant every game. i said before this season it's going to be a top 3 defense, but the way these other defenses are playing it looks like the top 1. on paper there aren't any flaws either beside interior pass rush.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We've not allowed a 2nd half touchdown this entire year. First team do that since 1938.

Shutting down the Steelers offense for the entire 2nd half is one of the most impressive things I've seen this season. 

The offense does need to step up a little bit more though. Although I'm almost always oppose to giving up any assets for a RB, Ravens should explore bolstering that backfield.  Too many turnovers from Alex Collins for my liking...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

Shutting down the Steelers offense for the entire 2nd half is one of the most impressive things I've seen this season. 

The offense does need to step up a little bit more though. Although I'm almost always oppose to giving up any assets for a RB, Ravens should explore bolstering that backfield.  Too many turnovers from Alex Collins for my liking...

Let's just say that Alex Collins isn't the problem:

19 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I like Alex Collins as a runner don't get me wrong.  Just the fumbling.  I could have sworn I've seen him fumble multiple times in the red zone this year already...

He's only fumbled once in the red zone this year, IIRC. Still, his fumble issues are well documented. Still though, I was more or less pointing to the fact that our run game struggling this year has less to do with any fumble issues and more to do with our schemes asking our TE's to make incredibly hard blocks against men who are twice their size.

Archived