Jump to content
vike daddy

The 2018 Playoff Hunt is on!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I agree, our defense is legit they we just haven't forced as many turnovers as the Bears do. That game was lost on a Kirk Cousins pick 6. Bears have lost the turnover battle just once this year was a stat I saw yesterday.

Bears are +13 in give/take and Vikings are even.

Big difference in that give/take ratio is our QBs leads the league in giveaways. That concerns me against the Bears because they do get takeaways and we've yet to figure out how to contain mobile QBs from breaking the defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I agree, our defense is legit they we just haven't forced as many turnovers as the Bears do. That game was lost on a Kirk Cousins pick 6. Bears have lost the turnover battle just once this year was a stat I saw yesterday.

Bears are +13 in give/take and Vikings are even.

I agree with all of that but even when the Bears were bottom feeders in the North, we still always struggle to win on the road in Chicago. ALWAYS.

I'd much rather play a lesser team indoors.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I agree with all of that but even when the Bears were bottom feeders in the North, we still always struggle to win on the road in Chicago. ALWAYS.

I'd much rather play a lesser team indoors.

Oh, I'm sure we'd all agree that it's probably better to play at Dallas than at Chicago, but I still think if the offense can hold it's end of the bargain, the Vikings can win anywhere...except for maybe at New Orleans.   That's the least desirable matchup, from my perspective.  I think they can win at Chicago, at Dallas or even at LA...but at New Orleans would be a tall task.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Oh, I'm sure we'd all agree that it's probably better to play at Dallas than at Chicago, but I still think if the offense can hold it's end of the bargain, the Vikings can win anywhere...except for maybe at New Orleans.   That's the least desirable matchup, from my perspective.  I think they can win at Chicago, at Dallas or even at LA...but at New Orleans would be a tall task.  

Let me be biased and say that I'd fly down to Dallas to watch the game so now you know why I'm pulling so hard for it!

But I agree. I think we can beat the Cowboys and Rams. Have doubts about Chicago @ Chicago. And would like to stay far away from the Saints.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently...

5. Seahawks 8-6 (Week 16 vs. Chiefs/Week 17 vs. Cardinals) Projected finish 9-7

6. Vikings 7-6-1 (Week 16 @ Lions/Week 17 vs. Bears) Hopeful finish 9-6-1

7. Eagles 7-7 (Week 16 vs. Texans/Week 17 @ Redskins) I'd bet they finish 8-8

8. Redskins 7-7 (Week 16 @ Titans/Week 17 vs. Eagles) I'd bet they finish 7-9

Hopefully New Orleans takes care of business tonight against the Panthers.

Bears are still in a little battle for the #3 spot they just need to win 1 game to lock it up (@ 49ers and @ Vikings)

Dallas has a pretty solid shot at finishing 10-6 (vs. Bucs, @ Giants) 

Long story short if the Vikings take care of business they have strong shot at going to Dallas instead of Chicago. Which could lead to a rematch with the Rams.

We are big Chiefs, Texans and Titans fans this week. Perhaps we'd also want the Bears to beat the 49ers to lock up the #3 this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t look like the week 17 game is going to meaningless. Chicago still has a very good chance at the #2 spot, and a bye week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Rams would have won yesterday, then the Wk17 match would have been almost meaning less Bears....ffs Goff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In AFC news I'd love to see the Ravens lose to the Chargers, the Browns beat the Bengals and the Steelers lose to the Saints.

That would mean heading into week 17...

Steelers 8-6-1 Week 17 vs. Bengals

Ravens 8-7 Week 17 vs. Browns

Browns 7-7-1 Week 17 @ Ravens

Talk about win or go home in the AFCN...Ravens could be division champs or completely miss the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints offense has look very mediocre the last 3 weeks. Only putting up 10 vs. Cowboys....28 vs. Bucs....12 vs. Panthers.

Maybe it's just road blues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

The Saints offense has look very mediocre the last 3 weeks. Only putting up 10 vs. Cowboys....28 vs. Bucs....12 vs. Panthers.

Maybe it's just road blues?

nah...it has definitely fallen off cliff...even in the match against Falcons at home, their offense didn't look as good as it was looking in first part of season...similar to Rams, even Saints offense has also been slightly struggling....from what I observed, both Saints & Rams OLs haven't looked great in last few weeks (they both were top5 OL for most part of season)...not a surprise that their offensive struggles coincided with their OLs underperforming. Saints don't have a good deep threat...their offense mainly runs on good screen passes, checkdowns and run game...key is to scheme against that...not easy but definitely doable...they also don't have any top WRs outside Michael Thomas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

nah...it has definitely fallen off cliff...even in the match against Falcons at home, their offense didn't look as good as it was looking in first part of season...similar to Rams, even Saints offense has also been slightly struggling....from what I observed, both Saints & Rams OLs haven't looked great in last few weeks (they both were top5 OL for most part of season)...not a surprise that their offensive struggles coincided with their OLs underperforming. Saints don't have a good deep threat...their offense mainly runs on good screen passes, checkdowns and run game...key is to scheme against that...not easy but definitely doable...they also don't have any top WRs outside Michael Thomas. 

Gotcha.

I won't claim to have watched many Saints games outside of the Vikes game but the 4-5 quarters I've watched the past 3-4 weeks really seems like they've regressed quite a bit. Same with Rams as you mentioned. They both went from elite offenses to maybe bordering "above-average" and "good."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tie to GB could end up playing a big part of the playoff picture, even though it means no tiebreakers would be used. In fact, that's exactly why it could be big. It eliminates our head-to-head win over PHI as a tiebreaker. Now, we have to at least match PHI (and WAS I guess) in the final two weeks in order to make it in.

A win in GB would've given us another game of breathing room. A loss in GB doesn't really change much because of that tiebreaker we ended up getting over PHI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It doesn’t look like the week 17 game is going to meaningless. Chicago still has a very good chance at the #2 spot, and a bye week. 

The Lions are a dangerous team too.

They have some talent, they are at home, and like all last place teams at this time of year, they have a lot of players and coaches fighting for jobs and contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our ability to make the playoffs with 8 wins most likely is entirely on the Houston-Philly game at this point.  If Philly wins, we have to win out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Our ability to make the playoffs with 8 wins most likely is entirely on the Houston-Philly game at this point.  If Philly wins, we have to win out.

Well yeah, and Philly would have to win out if we lose a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×