Jump to content
vike daddy

The 2018 Playoff Hunt is on!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Seattle schedule is really easy and basically a lock to make it barring Wilson getting injured. Vikings can afford to really only lose one more game and make the playoffs on there own. 

Still crazy the Vikings have had two back2back road games where they travel cross country.   

At least they get an extra day for the Seattle game on Monday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how people were so confident about the Vikings making the playoffs. One loss and we are in the hunt already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MN can't afford to lose in Seattle. If they can't win that game, they really have no business going to the playoffs, and even then, probably will be one and done. 

Win in Seattle the Bears lose to the Rams, the Vikes will control their own destiny for the division title if they can win out. Just win in Seattle and get some momentum. 

Edited by vikingsrule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that 9-6-1 will get the Vikings into the playoffs, and they should have a winnable wildcard game in either Chicago or maybe Dallas.

But quite honestly the Vikings level of play is nowhere near where it needs to be for this team to go deep in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, milanb said:

I think that 9-6-1 will get the Vikings into the playoffs, and they should have a winnable wildcard game in either Chicago or maybe Dallas.

But quite honestly the Vikings level of play is nowhere near where it needs to be for this team to go deep in the playoffs.

The Vikes haven't shown they can beat a team like Chicago or Dallas, teams with winning records. Until they do, it's hard seeing Cousins or this team as payoff caliber. 

Were quickly becoming the Bengals under Marvin Lewis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing around with the playoff machine and I think we can still sneak in at 8-7-1. Of course I hope it doesnt come down to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The Vikes haven't shown they can beat a team like Chicago or Dallas, teams with winning records. Until they do, it's hard seeing Cousins or this team as payoff caliber. 

Were quickly becoming the Bengals under Marvin Lewis.

While I agree with the first part, we are far far away from the ineptitude exhibited by Marvin Lewis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Were quickly becoming the Bengals under Marvin Lewis.

 

I understand being negative about the loss, but that's a ridiculous take and has no basis in reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

While I agree with the first part, we are far far away from the ineptitude exhibited by Marvin Lewis. 

The Bengals under Marvin Lewis made the playoffs 5 seasons in a row, despite playing in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens.

The knock on Lewis is not ineptitude, but the fact that his teams have been just good enough for Lewis to keep his job, though nowhere near championship calibre.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, milanb said:

The Bengals under Marvin Lewis made the playoffs 5 seasons in a row, despite playing in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens.

The knock on Lewis is not ineptitude, but the fact that his teams have been just good enough for Lewis to keep his job, though nowhere near championship calibre.

 

The Vikings made the NFCC game last year, something of which Marvin Lewis never has done.  That alone makes it extremely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swede700 said:

The Vikings made the NFCC game last year, something of which Marvin Lewis never has done.  That alone makes it extremely different.

The Vikings needed a fluke last-play TD to get to the NFC Championship game, where they proceeded to get slaughtered. 

That is not what I would call "extremely different".

The Vikings were also extremely lucky when Sam Bradford got hurt in Week 1 and Case Keenum, whom they signed as a 3rd string QB, stepped in and provided much better QB play than they could possibly have hoped for from Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, milanb said:

The Vikings needed a fluke last-play TD to get to the NFC Championship game, where they proceeded to get slaughtered. 

That is not what I would call "extremely different".

The Vikings were also extremely lucky when Sam Bradford got hurt in Week 1 and Case Keenum, whom they signed as a 3rd string QB, stepped in and provided much better QB play than they could possibly have hoped for from Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater.

I have no idea how you could say that's not completely different, considering they still made the NFCC.  That alone makes it completely different.  Whether it came from a fluke play or not is irrelevant.  And some people would say that the Bradford/Keenum situation was good coaching, not just pure luck.  Marvin Lewis has never won a playoff game period.  Zimmer won 1 in his 2nd try.  The comparison is absolutely ridiculous...there's no bones about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, milanb said:

get to the NFC Championship game

Doing something another team has never done in a longer amount of time is “extremely different”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I have no idea how you could say that's not completely different, considering they still made the NFCC.  That alone makes it completely different.

Well, maybe my expectations are too high, but I honestly don't see a huge difference between never winning a playoff game vs. winning exactly one playoff game on a miracle last play TD, then getting your clock cleaned in the next round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×