The 2018 Playoff Hunt is on!

vike daddy

8 minutes ago, since72 said:

Don't you love how the "experts" at the beginning of the season were saying the week 17 game between the Packers and Lions would be for the division and playoff implications while the Vikings / Bears game would be to determine the bottom of the NFC North?  

i do not love them

i do not

their silly predictions are based

on heads full of snot

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

You really want to root hard for Houston to beat the Eagles next week and for Washington to lose at Tennessee.

That means if the Vikings win their last two games and Seattle loses once — certainly possible since the Seahawks host Kansas City next week — Minnesota would jump up and grab the No. 5 seed, likely setting up a matchup with the NFC East winner (probably at Dallas) in the first round instead of a tougher matchup (likely at Chicago).

Clear path to the number 5 spot.

I'm pretty confident that the Titans can knock off the Skins. The Chiefs coming off of a key divisional loss, at home, should come out firing on all cylinders to try and secure a 1st round bye. Houston at Philly is the one I'm a little worried about.

59 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Why not?  The Vikings can beat the Bears at home. 

FiveThirtyEight currently gives the Vikings almost exactly the same odds of beating the Bears and the Lions -- a 55% chance of beating the Lions and a 54% chance of beating the Bears.

Obviously, FiveThirtyEight odds are based only on a couple things. It does not take into account resting players before playoffs, injuries, and many other factors. We know that Kerryon Johnson went in IR and Golden Tate was traded. FiveThirtyEight doesn't take that into account. The Bears might also be resting players for the playoffs depending on whether they are locked into the three seed or still fighting for a bye.

I like to think that the factors 538 doesn't take into account put the Vikings odds of winning both games at closer to 60%. Still, if odds are 60% in each game the odds of getting through both games with wins is going to be below 50% -- 0.6 * 0.6 = 0.36.

For now, the team needs to focus on beating the Lions. It is never easy to go into a division rival's stadium and come out with a W.

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Well DET is a must win because we aren't beating the Bears in week 17

I think the Vikings can easily beat the Bears.  I’m guessing that we will knock them out of the playoffs in round one.  The last time we played them they only beat us by 5 points in Chicago and the game would’ve been completely different if we didn’t have DeFillippo calling the plays.  Last time we played them we passed 46 times and only ran 14.  Things would be way different if we call a balanced offense.  And yes I am blaming DeFillippo for us losing the division this year.

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

I think the Vikings can easily beat the Bears.  I’m guessing that we will knock them out of the playoffs in round one.  The last time we played them they only beat us by 5 points in Chicago and the game would’ve been completely different if we didn’t have DeFillippo calling the plays.  Last time we played them we passed 46 times and only ran 14.  Things would be way different if we call a balanced offense.  And yes I am blaming DeFillippo for us losing the division this year.

Hahahahahahahahah

Hahahahahahahhahahahah

It depends upon how you take his comment, Clark...the Vikings can easily beat the Bears, but the game itself wouldn't certainly be easy.  The Bears are certainly playing better together as a team, but the argument can be made that the Vikings are still far more talented than the Bears.  I'm not sure there can be disagreement there.  

I think we're a better team than what we showed the Bears. Even when they are terrible they have cost us some games in Soldier Field. I think we can beat them at home easily. They have a few players playing over their head right now that'll come back down to earth next year.  

When the Bears have a swagger about them that is contagious to the whole team.  New Orleans has it also.  The Vikings are on the cusp but nothing has locked it in.  Kirk cant do it he tried with his opening speeches.  Griffen literally broke down.  Thielen has outvoiced Diggs and is too emotional now.  It is all about Stefanski now and I think he will rule from the shadows and Cook will flourish and the defense will take names.  That is my hope anyway.

2 hours ago, Bermuda Viking said:

When the Bears have a swagger about them that is contagious to the whole team.  New Orleans has it also.  The Vikings are on the cusp but nothing has locked it in.  Kirk cant do it he tried with his opening speeches.  Griffen literally broke down.  Thielen has outvoiced Diggs and is too emotional now.  It is all about Stefanski now and I think he will rule from the shadows and Cook will flourish and the defense will take names.  That is my hope anyway.

I know he had the spat with BB but did something else happen I missed?

Archived