The 2018 Playoff Hunt is on!

vike daddy

I'm hoping for the Rams to stomp the Cardinals in the 1st half on their game, and Chicago takes their starters out of the game... I see that as our chance.

The NFL wants Philly in the playoffs & the magical Foles. The refs will be gifting the win for the Eagles, & if Chicago is trying, the refs will gift the Bears the win, through terrible penalties.

5 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I'm hoping for the Rams to stomp the Cardinals in the 1st half on their game, and Chicago takes their starters out of the game... I see that as our chance.

The NFL wants Philly in the playoffs & the magical Foles. The refs will be gifting the win for the Eagles, & if Chicago is trying, the refs will gift the Bears the win, through terrible penalties.

I'm usually on the side that the game may be rigged, but this seems extreme..

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm usually on the side that the game may be rigged, but this seems extreme..

Don't be naive.  Professional wrestling is the only pure, untainted sport left.  Even roller derby has become suspect - I know it's hard to believe.

It’s been 45 years since any NFL team had multiple tie games in a season, so if you’ve never given any thought to what would happen in the NFL standings when a team has two ties, that’s understandable. But this year, there are two teams fighting for playoff berths that have already played a tie game: The Steelers and Vikings, both of which are 8-6-1. So what happens if one or both of them ties on Sunday, and finishes 8-6-2?

They would be treated as if they’re 9-7. The NFL treats a tie as half a win and half a loss, so a team with eight wins, six losses and two ties would be treated the same as a team with nine wins and seven losses.

For the Vikings, an 8-6-2 record would clinch a playoff berth. Minnesota would be tied with 9-7 Philadelphia (if Philadelphia beats Washington) and 9-7 Seattle (if Seattle loses to Arizona). The Eagles would be eliminated from that three-team tie based on its conference record, and then the Seahawks would win the head-to-head tiebreaker with the Vikings. So the 9-7 Seahawks would be the No. 5 seed, the 8-6-2 Vikings would be the No. 6 seed, and the 9-7 Eagles would be out of the playoffs. If the Seahawks win and it’s only two teams tied for the last NFC playoff berth, the 8-6-2 Vikings would win the head-to-head tiebreaker with the 9-7 Eagles.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/27/steelers-and-vikings-could-finish-8-6-2-which-the-nfl-treats-as-9-7/

On 12/25/2018 at 7:27 AM, CriminalMind said:

Id rather beat them straight up, full strength.  If we can't beat the Bears Sunday full strength, then I dont expect us to beat anyone in the playoffs

While the Rams have won the NFC West and will play at least one postseason game at home, their Week 17 finale against the 49ers carries with it very high stakes. If the Rams beat the 49ers, the Rams will secure the No. 2 seed and the first-round bye that goes along with it. If the Rams lose to the 49ers, and if the Bears beat the Vikings, the Rans will fall to the No. 3 seed.

And here’s what that will mean, assuming the Eagles beat Washington: The Rams will face the Eagles in the wild-card round. If the Rams win, they’ll return to Soldier Field for the divisional round. The Rams lost both to the Eagles at home and the Bears on the road in consecutive weeks earlier this month. Obviously, then, the Rams won’t want that path to a possible rematch with a team that beat the Rams in New Orleans.

Ruminate on that one for a second. The Rams have lost only three games all year, to the Saints, Bears, and Eagles. Lose to the 49ers on Sunday, and the Rams could be facing all three teams again, on the very fields where the three prior L.A. losses occurred.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/27/week-17-stakes-are-very-high-for-the-rams/

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why does everyone think the NFL wants the eagles in?

Probably because it's a "good story" to pimp.

Wentz goes down with the team's season apparently lost. The Super Bowl champs rally behind the underdog backup QB who took them all the way last year to barely make the playoffs in a quest to keep their title.

Can Foles do it again??!?!?!

I personally don't buy the theory but all I know is I don't want an entire playoff hearing about how they're such an "underdog" again. Just like a 13-3, #1 seed was such a big "underdog" last year 9_9

The GMFB crew definitely want Philly in its so obvious and that shrine is so stupid. I prefer this flying under the radar apposed to being the talk like last year and if we get in I think they will have a big chip in there shoulder that will make us a very dangerous team.

I think you guys are for sure in.  Not sure what all agnst is about.  Bears aren't so good they can go to MN half hearted, resting banged up players, with a vanilla game plan and win. 

MN is 7 pt favorite. Game could turn into a route. 

I'd rather both teams secretly agree to make it an exhibition game so there are no injuries.  That isn't going to happen though. 

Few teams play Bears and have a great game next week.  49ers are going to get crushed in LA.  LA will be going all out securing their rest.  49ers are ready to go on vacation. 

Archived