Week 7 - Rams at 49ers

RamRod

So I did some research and 4 times in the McVay era when the Rams are held to their lowest point totals of the season, the following game they increase their scored by an average of 19.25pts from the previous game to the next. With that being said, I got the Rams winning 42-24. 

Goff - 350yds passing and 4tds

Gurley - 110yds rushing and 2tds; 6 catches for 60yds and 1td

Woods - 8 catches for 110yds receiving and 1td

Cooks - 7 catches for 120yds receiving and 2tds

Defense gets 5 sacks and forces 3 turnovers. 

The Niners get some garbage time points to make the score look a little better but the Rams win this game in domination. I say that because if you go back to last season at San Fran, the Rams actually led by 14pts but a few mistakes by the Rams, in particularly a special teams turnover and not recovering the onside kick opened the door for the Niners to not only get back in the game but have a chance to win. I think McVay let his team know that and the Rams wont let the Niners hang around in this game.

My first half thoughts is the Rams overall have played a very nice game. This is the complete game Ive wanted the Rams to play since the Cards game. Getting sacks and turnovers and big special teams plays are wonderful. The offense doesnt have to do much but we know how awesome the offense is. We dont even look like we miss Kupp lol. Get well soon Kupp. I want to see more of the first half play in the second half. The Rams are just one half away from being 7-0 for the first time since 1985, a year before I was born. A year before McVay was born too. Lets stay healthy and finish this game with a bang. 

Archived