GDT: Denver Broncos @ Arizona Cardinals

iLikeDefense

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

As much as I want this team to tank.  It’s always nice to watch your team dominate.  

Meh, the problem is that this will give VJ and Elway a ton of leash for the status quo.   When we really need to think future.  This will just get the press and casual fanbase to think we have hope.   I prefer to just lance the boil as early as possible.   This just prolongs the pain.

I will take comfort that again our young guys and Sanders are the best players on O.   And I like that Barrett flashed tonight - I hope he does enough to get a nice pick back in trade (provided Elway still is in trade mode).

Still, the W is in the bag, so might as well enjoy it.   And then hope we get our butts kicked @KC and lose to HOU at home so that Elway has a jolt of reality before the Oct. 30 trade deadline. 

It's totally going to get missed, but Keenum has shown ZERO improvement - he's hit wide open guys for most of the plays (I will give him 2 3rd down conversion throws to DT & Sanders, those were decent), but he's been late on reading some open guys and then forced to throw it away...and there, that pick was a terrible read and throw.   When you have 2 DST TD's and Sanders throws a TD, and we have a huge lead where play-action works, it will hide a lot of the warts...but man, they're still there. 

That was such a pathetic throw from Keenum.  Live you can’t see where the WR is at, but the way Keenum pumped and then let it loose it seemed like Sanders must have been wide open, when there really wasn’t anywhere to throw that ball that didnt result in an INT or Sanders getting decapitated by the safety.

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Haha, people I’m not saying this means Denver is good.  All I’m saying is it’s always nice to see your team win, even when I came into tonight hoping they’d lose.

We get it, just more that it's hard to take complete enjoyment out of this, realizing this only delays the inevitable, and we need to get moving into rebuild mode ASAP.  Teams that do that sooner improve faster than those who simply wait until they're eliminated, and then think rebuild.  All good.

Archived