1. 1. Where will the Raiders play?

• San Diego (Qualcomm)
    • Oakland (O. co Coliseum)
    • Santa Clara (Levis Stadium)
    • Berkeley (Memorial Stadium)
    • Los Angeles (The Coliseum)
    • Stanford (Stanford Stadium)
    • Las Vegas (UNLV Stadium)

Couldn't they just play wherever UNLV plays at for a season?

I don't think the NFL would let them play in SD for a season. They are already trying to do whatever they can to salvage the Chargers franchise right now, that would do the opposite.

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Couldn't they just play wherever UNLV plays at for a season?

I don't think the NFL would let them play in SD for a season. They are already trying to do whatever they can to salvage the Chargers franchise right now, that would do the opposite.

UNLV would need renovations to host an NFL Franchise. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

UNLV would need renovations to host an NFL Franchise. 

I mean the Raiders are playing in the Oakland Colossuem this year.

The Chargers are player in a 26,000 seat soccer stadium until the LA Stadium opens.

I think the NFL would allow the Raiders to play one season in that stadium if that's the only option.

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean the Raiders are playing in the Oakland Colossuem this year.

The Chargers are player in a 26,000 seat soccer stadium until the LA Stadium opens.

I think the NFL would allow the Raiders to play one season in that stadium if that's the only option.

I also don’t think the NFL wants the Raiders in Vegas until 2020. Raiders will be picking Top 3 this year and Top 3 next year. In 2020 they should be decent enough and probably 8-8. Like I said, it’s San Diego or Berkeley imo. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I also don’t think the NFL wants the Raiders in Vegas until 2020. Raiders will be picking Top 3 this year and Top 3 next year. In 2020 they should be decent enough and probably 8-8. Like I said, it’s San Diego or Berkeley imo. 

I mean the Rams were terrible in LA the first year they were there too. I don't think that will matter in the long run. Also: If the Raiders don't hit on the picks they get from the Mack trade, they will probably not be good for awhile.

If they can't play in Oakland next year, there is zero incentive for the NFL not to move them straight to Vegas. (Especially if there are talks of moving the Chargers back to SD)

Also: Most Ex-Chargers fans I know still hate the Raiders. The Raiders being in SD for one season wouldn't cause those fans to become Raiders fans, it would just give the Raiders fans in that area the ability to go to more games for a season.

Like I get that a lot of SoCal Raiders fans might want this, but it literally makes zero sense from the NFL's perspective.

At some point you have to think about the players right?  You can't (I mean you can but you shouldn't), move them from Oakland to San Diego to Las Vegas.  I'm thinking they'll either head to Vegas early (UNLV) or stay in the Bay Area until the new stadium in Vegas is ready...

Archived